Switch to English Language Passer en langue franšaise Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,695   Posts: 1,549,037   Online: 1014

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Dear Zhenya,

Mine was fine in colour too -- an amazing lens!

Thanks for the kind offer of an invitation letter but that isn't the problem: it's 2 trips to Paris, one to drop the passport, one to pick it up. This adds 500 euros or so to the cost of a trip, wastes 3-4 days, and makes a visit to Holy Mother Russia less attractive.

But as you say, with any luck it'll change soon.

Cheers,

Roger

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Dear Roger,

judging from what I can see on B&W negatives, the colour results should be quite pleasing, too. I always thought that there's no better way to notice if the lens is badly behaved but to shoot some B&W with it. To me, some unsharpness or contrast loss are more obvious in BW than in colour.

What a strange situation with the Russian visa! I hope things would improve soon... don't they take passport copies yet? What a shame

Cheers,
    Zhenya

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Fromm

So much for more than a century of progress in the lens maker's art. Unless, of course, one wants a wide angle or a telephoto lens.
    Dan
    Or of course speed...

Or weight and bulk...

Cheers,

R.

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    So much for more than a century of progress in the lens maker's art. Unless, of course, one wants a wide angle or a telephoto lens.
    Excepting as always the most wide-angle of all LF lenses - the Goerz Hypergon - which has been out of production for almost a century...
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I'd expect that post-WWII f/6.3 Tessars from CZJ were made to a more modern design.
    Yes, according to Thiele the 6.3 Tessar lived on in a 1947 redesign for the 135mm and the 210mm versions, as well as in a few 300mm (30cm) ones redesigned 1946. The last batch (210mm) was made in 1975.

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan
    Vergr÷▀erung = magnification
    Verkleinerung = diminution
    If you're not taking your camera...there's no reason to travel. --APUG member bgilwee

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  Ś   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin