Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,920   Posts: 1,522,026   Online: 904

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I have a few belt packs for 4x5" Grafmatics that I had made to order from a guy on eBay who goes by "ted.b" and he sells them regularly now on eBay, or if he doesn't have them listed, you can e-mail him, and he can make them up. He also made me one for my 5x7" bag mag. I got these before Kevin Saitta started making his packs, so I'd check those out too.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    This is one option that sounds tailor suited for 4x5 shooters. It's pretty well de rigeur for wire shooters and news grunts. Don't have one myself ( use Thinktank gear) but all my colleagues swear by them and they notice a big difference in more back comfort and less fatigue.

http://newswear.com/chestvests.htm

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    My large f.64 backpack for 8x10 came with two smaller bags that`s made for 4x5 film holders. I put 6 holders in each and hang them in my belt. B&H sells them : Film holder case
    It`s really great to have the film ready for "action" shoots
    Amund

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The only thing I consider if I have to carry heavy weights any distance is a backpack. I'm 56 years old and my back has had enough abuse already!

(Or of course I park nearer the subject -- the Ansel Adams approach!)

Cheers,

Roger

Roger when you herniate your back and have surgery on it then you might like the "miniature" formats. By the way what is your idea of a miniature format? I am 54 and have had back surgery and had to scale down to 2x3 and 5x7 in inches. My only regret is that I can't be in the Elitist ULF anymore.

Curt

Shooter
    Large Format
    I like those soft coolers with straps, the insulated ones that you put ice and a six pack in.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    When I flew with a Speed Graphic, I carried 4 grafmatic holders with 24 sheets of Super XX in the pockets of my flight suit.

I've posted some of the B&W results.

Hmmmm. The AF let me keep the flight suit. Maybe on those long walks of mine .........

Awww, it doesn't fit anymore.

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I carry my filmholders (and Camera) inside my Kelty backpack in Kevin Saitta filmholder bags - recommended!
    Tom Hoskinson

Everything is analog - even digital :D

DBP

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer
    When I flew with a Speed Graphic, I carried 4 grafmatic holders with 24 sheets of Super XX in the pockets of my flight suit.

I've posted some of the B&W results.

Hmmmm. The AF let me keep the flight suit. Maybe on those long walks of mine .........

Awww, it doesn't fit anymore.

PE
    That's the same approach I use in colder weather, two holders in each cargo pocket, filter and lens hood in jacket pocket. But when it is 98 that's a bit hot, so I am really looking for something more like a bandolier.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Acutally, I'm wearing a pair of shorts and a t-shirt right now.

The shorts have 2 cargo pockets which can hold 2 of the film backs or 12 sheets of film. The back pockets can carry extra gear.

A flight suit is too hot to wear in any weather except the cool environment of a cockpit. Well, if the A/C goes out, we cancel the flight.

PE

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer
    The shorts have 2 cargo pockets which can hold 2 of the film backs or 12 sheets of film. The back pockets can carry extra gear.
    I don't have to deal with any of that. A Fuji QuickLoad holder and box of QuickLoad (20 sheets of film) takes up about the same amount of space as 5 traditional holders, and I can carry twice as much. - And, I don't have to load or unload them either.
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin