Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,198   Posts: 1,531,448   Online: 770

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianShaw
    If you don't feel you have the skills, don't open it up! I haven't sent a shutter to Carol at Flutot's, but her price is certainly more than reasonable(around $50, if I recall correctly) and others have said she is quick, friendly and does a great job.
    I've sent work to Carol. She does great work, is fast, and she is just a great lady to do business with.
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by dmax
    Diane,
    I do all my own shutter CLA's and recondition any and all shutters that I happen to accumulate. Being rather familiar with how the Copals are configured, I think that the problem you are seeing with your Copal 3 has to do with how you store and/or transport the shutter.

The preview lever of Copals actuate a pin-and-arm arrangement that forces the aperture blades open against spring pressure. As you probably already know, the normal movement is like that of a light switch: Up for light, Down for dark. If the preview lever gets bumped diagonally with sufficient force, the internal linkages may get misaligned. But the action of the return spring sometimes shifts the components back into the normal arrangement, and the problem disappears for a while. Then it comes back again - when you least expect it. If the original source of the problem is severe enough, the internal misalignment will result in the blades locking up. Just curious: How do you normally transport or store your LF lenses?
    I normally transport my lenses on their boards inside a Gnass lens bag. I am planning to take the lens and shutter to the local camera repair shop tomorrow on my way home from work.

I suppose I shouldn't complain. At least I caught this problem at home, not in the field like with my 355 G-Claron.
    Diane

Halak 41

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin