Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,918   Posts: 1,584,756   Online: 934

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Studio Stand

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Scuffy
    Peter-
    I checked Amazon and the only listing that comes up is a book that was published in 1941, sound about right? Or is there something newer? It would make a bit of sense because there would have been heavier cameras in use then.

Until then I shall keep my eyes peeled for a good used one!
    Thanks all!!
    Petersen had a series in the '70's that included the issue you're looking for. I think there were eight volumes to the set. Sports, figure, pj, etc. Usually see them at used bookstores or photo fles markets.
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Photo Equipment You Can Make, 1973, Petersen Publishing Co., ISBN 0-8227-0020-4

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thank ya much!!!

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    The camera stand described in the Petersen's book is a wooden single column design, somewhat similar to modern metal stands. Someone with good engineering and woodworking skills could probably do better. If one is going to use wood, the ancient two-column design might be more practical. The book is available online at low price from http://www.abebooks.com/ and undoubtedly many other online booksellers.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by fotch
    One of the sellers, Columbus Camera, listed shipping for $40. So I called them, they ended the auction early, and shipped my Cambo 7 ft. with Majestic Head. Total cost, $240
    Fotch,

You're very fortunate... I tried dealing with them on a stand several years ago and became so frustrated with the process that I promised myself I'd NEVER even consider contacting them again!

Giant pita!

But, I'm glad things worked out for you!

Cheers

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin