Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,886   Posts: 1,520,608   Online: 1021

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Great. Thanks for the help so far.

Does anyone know of sites that may be able to help me with a not-so-expensive lens? I'm guessing I'll be stuck with a hat or lenscap for these photo's.

Something tells me this is going to become a labour of love

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I took too long in writing my previous post - now I see the plate holders!

Use those, with glass plates as backing for the film. My "backing plates" are from clip frames bought on IKEA...
    I attach the film to the glass plates using spray-on "post-it glue" - or orange marmelade in a pinch. You might also be lucky enough to find metal film sheaths; I use those in 18x24cm, but I don't know if they were made in 8x10".

"sites that may be able to help me with a not-so-expensive lens?" We can do that here. Or have a look at ebay.co.uk, under "Photography > Vintage Photography > Vintage Lenses". Something like a 12" brass lens with f:7.2 is fine, that would be a 100 years old "standard lens" for your camera. Avoid the f:4 or faster, and f:12 and slower, until you know exactly what you want (hint: F:4 and faster means fast portrait lens, very heavy, needs 20" focal length to cover 8x10". f:12 and slower is wide-angle - tiny little things, a 180 to 210mm covers 8x10", and tend to be expensive since so many people want them).
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Shooter
    Multi Format
    sounds good about using clip-frame glass. That stuff is magic. I recently created a MF-film holder for my scanner from one of those

As for lenses, under Ole's recommendation, does anyone have one going cheap here then? (I have a few various lenses on my eBay watch list finishing at the end of the week as well)

Thanks

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin