Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,895   Posts: 1,520,956   Online: 880

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Sell one of the MAM`s, stay with the other and the Blad, simple !

Cheers

André

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    The main reason I use the M645 rather than getting into the 6x6 realm is lens cost. I was able to get 4 nearly new lenses for my M645 system for less than the cost of one non-80mm lens for a Hasselblad. I would NEVER be able to afford the same lenses for a Hasselblad that I now own for the M645 system. I have nothing against that brand, but for me, the choice was based on how much I could afford to spend on the lenses I wanted.

I would take Andre's advice and keep one of the 645s as well as the Hasselblad - that way you can still use your existing lenses while you acquire what you want to fit the new camera, and at some point in the future if you decide you like one more than the other, then you can decide if you still want to sell one.

- Randy

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Sell the mamiya's, buy another hassy lens and then pick up a 6x9 folder!

Shooter
    Large Format
    Keep the Blad... IMHO, it's a great format!

But, YMMV!

Cheers

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I also have both systems, less equipment with the Hasselblad due to the much higher cost. If you have a budget that allows purchasing wanted/needed equipment at any time, you will always get what you pay for with more expensive equipment. If you find yourself shooting less and worrying about needed equipment more, go with Mamiya. Both will serve you well, I have had very few problems with either system. The main objective is to keep shooting, the old advice is; "f8 and be there" for successful photographs. By the way, how do you and your wife feel about adoption?

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by GlennSYD

I never thought I'd buy a blad as I could never justify the cost and I was happy with my Mams. I can't afford to keep both systems.
    I'm not sure I understand. keeping a system doesn't cost anything so where is the problem?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    First, if you haven't bought you wife roses yet, you should be ashamed of yourself!!

I have a 500CM and love it. One day I will buy a 503. All my lens I have bought used (ebay, Keh, etc). So the Hassey system isn't unaffordable. As said before, there is lots and lots of items out there. I vote for the Hassey. There are also lots of threads on Hassey here.

Good luck.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I agree with others if you already got one mamiya 645, sell one of them to afford either accessories for the hassy ( such as a prism if you dont already have one ) , etc, look on keh.com in terms of buying.

Never sell the gift of the wife, that will only cause you more anguish.
    -Karl Blessing
    Karl Blessing.com
    The Bokeh
    Color Film always existed. It's just the world was always black and white till recently.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by sanderx1
    I'm not sure I understand. keeping a system doesn't cost anything so where is the problem?
    He would probally buy accessories and such for all three down the road is what I think he's saying, investing in the collection, but yes it doesnt cost anything to 'keep'
    -Karl Blessing
    Karl Blessing.com
    The Bokeh
    Color Film always existed. It's just the world was always black and white till recently.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've had Hassy. Mamiya 645 Pro with motor drive is THE way to go. Cheap as dirt nowadays, and just plain good. Easy to handle, more than decent meters and great lenses.
    But, as mentioned above, why not keep both? That way, you'll know which you really like better.
    Are you into large format yet? If not, just wait. Dean
    dphphoto

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin