Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,571   Posts: 1,545,499   Online: 1217

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format

Drawer Full-O-Graflex Parts

A while back, I rescued a large set of parts drawers, filled with small parts, from an old camera repair shop. Amongst the bounty is a drawer full of small Graflex parts, i.e. focusing scales, viewfinder parts, body and standard parts, etc.

Since I can't use them all , I would like to make them available for sale but am just not sure of the best way to market them. Any suggestions??

Thanks,
    Mark
    -- If film is dead, then how come I can't buy a Leica for 20 bucks? --

Mark Greenberg
    Editorial & Commercial Photographer
    www.markgreenbergphoto.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mgphoto
    A while back, I rescued a large set of parts drawers, filled with small parts, from an old camera repair shop. Amongst the bounty is a drawer full of small Graflex parts, i.e. focusing scales, viewfinder parts, body and standard parts, etc.

Since I can't use them all , I would like to make them available for sale but am just not sure of the best way to market them. Any suggestions??

Thanks,
    Mark

First off, if you find a set of 4x5 Pacemaker inner rails, you send them to me with a reasonable price tag affixed and I will always be in your debt.

Then take the rest, sort it out and make some sort of reasonable batches out of it and sell it on EBay. You'll make a mint.

Or send it to me, mark it up 10% and I'll take care of it.

tim in san jose
    2x3 Speed
    2x3 Crown
    3x4 Speed
    4x5 Speed
    3x4 rb
    Where ever you are, there you be.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Any clamps for holding flashes?

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Jupiter is right. Check ebay ads to see what wells well. Cams for top rangefinders and infinity stops are sometimes hot items. Front standards for Crown/Pacemaker cameras fit on Anniversary models, and make the oldies a little more versatile. Odd size viewfinder masks are scarce. Extra front standards can be mounted on the camera as stages for micro photography. Once you've sold the more desirable items individually, offer the rest in lots.

Shooter
    Large Format
    If you did happen to ain a hord of cams, Super or Pacemaker, I would greatly asppreciate the oportunity to either buy or borrown any of htem. I try to collect accurate scans of these for access to those who want to make their own, and I'm in need of a few myself ;-) Thanks...

North Carolina, USA (transplanted from Seattle)
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    And put me down as interested in Anniversary type (non-folding) Speed Graphic infinity stops -- I have one, I really need four, and I'd rather have the real deal than try to fabricate a set (though I'm pretty sure I can fab them if I have to).
    Photography has always fascinated me -- as a child, simply for the magic of capturing an image onto glossy paper with a little box, but as an adult because of the unique juxtaposition of science and art -- the physics of optics, the mechanics of the camera, the chemistry of film and developer, alongside the art in seeing, composing, exposing, processing and printing.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Donald, this is completely off topic, but if you're not going to use the RF and want the stops just to make it harder to get unintended swings, consider making what Fred Lustig calls a "chinaman." This is an inverted top-hat section piece of metal that sits on the bed rails. I have two (2x3 Pacemaker Speed bed rails <> Century Graphic bed rails) and they're very very useful.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Jones
    Cams for top rangefinders and infinity stops are sometimes hot items. Front standards for Crown/Pacemaker cameras fit on Anniversary models, and make the oldies a little more versatile. Odd size viewfinder masks are scarce.
    Unfortunatly, I don't think I have any cams, maybe one or two, I'll have to check. The problem is, there are so many little oddball parts that I can't identify. Anybody have a lead on parts diagrams for the various cameras.

My other thought is of posting a (high res) image of the drawer and let you guys take a crack at identifying some of the more oddball parts.

Feel free to send me "wish lists" and I will see what I have. I also have a bunch of Graflex XL parts as well. Perhaps I'll try to put a list together of the stuff I can identify. If so, I will let you know when it's available.

-Mark
    -- If film is dead, then how come I can't buy a Leica for 20 bucks? --

Mark Greenberg
    Editorial & Commercial Photographer
    www.markgreenbergphoto.com

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Donald Qualls
    And put me down as interested in Anniversary type (non-folding) Speed Graphic infinity stops -- I have one, I really need four, and I'd rather have the real deal than try to fabricate a set (though I'm pretty sure I can fab them if I have to).
    Send me your address and I'll send a couple of pairs of them to you. It's a litle thing to do for someone who has provided so much information to so many of us. I converted to the later tracks to use the folding infinity stops. Ah, the versatility of the Speed Graphic!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mgphoto
    My other thought is of posting a (high res) image of the drawer and let you guys take a crack at identifying some of the more oddball parts.

Feel free to send me "wish lists" and I will see what I have. I also have a bunch of Graflex XL parts as well. Perhaps I'll try to put a list together of the stuff I can identify. If so, I will let you know when it's available.

-Mark
    That would work for me. And I do have a little wishlist.

1) Focusspot Lamp housing.
    2) Anny tension knob that isn't bent.
    3. Anny springs for the back.
    Gear: Camera, Brain, Light.
    Website - FB

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin