Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,878   Posts: 1,520,361   Online: 1176

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    There is also still some films available in 13x18cm and not in 5x7", especially colour films. Just take a look at Kodak's offerings...
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Shooter
    Large Format
    Ole is absolutely correct, in fact there are MORE color films available in 13x18 than in 5x7. See the comprehensive (at least as of January 2006) table attached.
    Attached Files

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hi Tony
    Half Plate film called NP is made in Germany. It is available in the UK from www.retrophotographic.com. I don't know if that's of use to you in Oz.
    Many people describe half plate film holders as 5x7 so you have to look carefully to what it says on them. If on eBay ask the vendor what the wording is on the holder.
    Good luck
    Alex

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan
    According to Ilford's product availability sheet, HP5+ is available in 13x18cm "whilst stock lasts".
    If you're not taking your camera...there's no reason to travel. --APUG member bgilwee

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Egan
    ... Turns out I may have some overpriced landfill. What I bought appear to be "half plate" holders which are marked on one side as 12x16.5cm. ....
    Tony, Foma offers Fomapan 100 in that exact size (at least here in the Czech Republic, in their webshop, so you could ask your film source for these). And the price is 10% lower than that of 13x18cm...

Hope this helps
    Jiri Vasina
    www.vasina.net

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks for the tips on film sources. I might just try a box of FOMA and NP so I can get some use from these film holders before they are retired.

As it turns out 2 of the eight holders I got were genuine 5x7 so I don't feel totally ripped off. Maybe the seller was as naive as me after all.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin