Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,523   Posts: 1,572,281   Online: 822

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by leeturner
    .. As to the original post I still think that you will find a monorail too cumbersome in the field, unless you look at something like the Arca Misura.
    Or the old, cheap and limited Linhof Color; or the newer (but out of production), heavier and superflexible Carbon Infinity. I recently upgraded from one to the other.
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ole
    Or the old, cheap and limited Linhof Color; or the newer (but out of production), heavier and superflexible Carbon Infinity. I recently upgraded from one to the other.
    Hi Ole,

That may be true about the Carbon Infinity, but there seems that there were only between about 35?? and 60 or so ever made. They would be very difficult to find and quite costly as well. :rolleyes:

As to the cumbersome nature of Monorail cameras the two that were mentioned the Linhof Technikardan 45 and 45S (mentioned by me and Roger Hicks has/had) and the Toho FC45X (mentioned as Roger's travel/backpacking camera) would not be that combersome.

Rich
    Richard A. Nelridge
    http://www.nelridge.com

Shooter
    35mm RF
    I would like to thank everyone for their comments. I am still in the decision phase, but because I am looking for both a landscape and portrait camera, I will probably lean towards a field camera. However, I have done a lot of research, and if I can find the Toho that Roger mentioned, that may be a fine option. I am not sure how much I am going to throw at this project, and if I can get a paying client to fund the thing, that may not be an issue. In the mean time I have enjoyed everyone’s thoughts and ideas. Thanks for taking the time to respond.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by childers-jk
    I would like to thank everyone for their comments. I am still in the decision phase, but because I am looking for both a landscape and portrait camera, I will probably lean towards a field camera. However, I have done a lot of research, and if I can find the Toho that Roger mentioned, that may be a fine option. I am not sure how much I am going to throw at this project, and if I can get a paying client to fund the thing, that may not be an issue. In the mean time I have enjoyed everyone’s thoughts and ideas. Thanks for taking the time to respond.
    Hi,

Here is the link for the camera at Badger Graphic Sales, they are as far as I know the only US importer/distributor of the camera:

http://www.badgergraphic.com/store/c...t_detail&p=147

Our own Kerry Thalmann has used the camera, is a great proponent of the camera and has a review of it on his site:

http://www.thalmann.com/largeformat/toho.htm

There is much discussion of this unusually designed and operated camera through a search on the internet.

Hope this helps.

Rich
    Richard A. Nelridge
    http://www.nelridge.com

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin