Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,840   Posts: 1,582,547   Online: 1025

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Plastic Cameras
    Images
    Just to clarify, a Diana lens only has one element, although I have seen some with a dome shaped lens and some with a flat shape.

Jon
    Last edited by Jon Shiu; 07-17-2006 at 11:12 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    Mendocino Coast Black and White Photography: www.jonshiu.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Yes Jon, that's why I am a bit surprised by some of the responses so far as it is a single element lens and it would seem to me getting this to work is mostly a matter of correct film plane to lens distance.

'Focus' for these things simply alters this distance a bit - nothing as complicated as element moving within a housing.

Vegas/mysterious mohave co. az, Big Pine Key Fla.
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by dmax
    Stephen,
    As to 00 sized shutters, I have a small mountain of them. (But certainly nowhere as large as Jim Galli's reputed private hoard!) If you need more assistance in developing a workable design approach, PM me.
    I haven't confirmed, so don't quote me on this, Jim can clarify, but I heard that the town of Tonopah Nevada is requiring Jim to take out a wrecking yard license...and it is not because of his antique vehicles, they are in the garage!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Ole
    Oh what a relief! I thought I'd gone over the edge with my "big heap", but that's surely less than a "small mountain"!
    Ole,
    It's all a question of relative scale. Living as I do in a tight, overcrowded, cluttered tiny apartment, the volumetric scale quickly gets distorted. With horizontal space at a major premium, everything gets piled in heaps and hills and small mountains. You should see the really HUGE mountains of paper stuff! (And I really mean HUGE!)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin