Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,903   Posts: 1,521,222   Online: 1097

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

Feeling the love

I've had some very thoughtful responses to my critique post. I've compiled them and they are now in my photo notebook. Thank you all.

I also should point out that all that FP4 I've been using for my recent shots was sent to me by an unkown person. One day it just arrived from JandC and I got all worried that I had purchased by accident somehow or JandC had messed up an order and I was getting billed for a $40 box of film I couldn't afford at the moment. After emailing John I found out that it was a gift.

Whoever sent this to me please know that I'm having a great time using it up. Thank you very much! I will try and pass it on when I can.

Remember when everyone was clamoring for Ilford postcard paper and none of the stores had it in stock? Well, I had mentioned to Aggie that the postcard exchange sounded like fun and the next time I saw her she hands me two boxes of the stuff. Two boxes!

I learned how to do Polaroid emulsion lifts at Shmoo's house, I've been given great deals on photo gear from several members of this forum and don't even get me started on all the great people who schooled me at Per's Zions large format workshop (Per, Matt, Rob, Shawn, Aggie, Sharon, etc). I even showed up without a camera for pete's sake!

And then there's Michael Slade and Robert Hall (Utah apuggers).

Just wanted to let everyone know that I appreciate all the help. I'm not always good at saying thank you so I should be good for another couple of years.

Alan.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    That's awsome

Murray

Shooter
    Large Format
    Alan,

Kind of restores your faith in the kindness that IS available in this race we call "human kind", doesn't it?

I think it's great!

Cheers

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Alan -

It also says something about you. You took the initiative to learn about LF cameras and even schlepped/sherpa'd all the camera gear in order to test/learn the equipment. Your enthusiasm and initiative has taken you from zero to some pretty incredible work in a short time. You should pat yourself on the back as well!!!

S
    Save the Earth. It's the only planet with chocolate.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    this from the guy who just up and volunteered to make a bunch of lensboards for Ape-huggers?

Sounds like Karma to me.

Matt

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin