Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,973   Posts: 1,558,699   Online: 842

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Kodak Master View. I used to have a 2D and hated it. The Master View is indestructible and won't splinter to shit if it falls off your tripod (ask me how I know!).

W.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by ineffablething
    Kodak Master View. I used to have a 2D and hated it. The Master View is indestructible and won't splinter to shit if it falls off your tripod (ask me how I know!).

W.
    Opinions vary, I didn't like my masterview, and do like the 2D, Of course dropping an 8x10 off a tripod, no matter what model it is, is never a good thing!

LOL

Dave

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I've got a Calumet C-1, with spare lensboards drilled to various sizes, that I'd be willing to let go for $600. It is a big beast, but it has 34" of bellows, so you can do those portraits with ease. You can even do 1:1 macro work with a 14" ektar. PM me if you're interested and I can send you a more complete description of what I've got. I could include some film holders for a very reasonable price. Oh, and it already has a SatinSnow ground glass in it

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Parker
    Opinions vary, I didn't like my masterview, and do like the 2D, Of course dropping an 8x10 off a tripod, no matter what model it is, is never a good thing!

LOL

Dave
    That's true! What I didn't like about my 2D was the wood it was made of. Mine always seemed a little bit rickety. The wood rails had become a bit mushy and I never could get the front standard to lock down tightly enough. I am always bringing my cameras into strange places like abandoned houses,etc and seem to bang them around a bit. The 2D was always splintering or getting yet another huge dent in the wood. The Masterview seems indestructible. But, as you stated, to each his own.

cheers,

W.

A Kodak 2D, Calumet metal monster or Agfa/Ansco Universal would most likely fit your budget. You might luck onto a NFS Deardorff for a bit more. The 'dorff. KMV and Century Universal are great cameras but I haven't seen any inexpensive ones in quite awhile. For an inexpensive and way underrated 8x10 lens look for a 375mm Ilex or 12" Wollensak Velostigmat(unless of course you've got a 240 G Claron you can steal from your 4x5 kit!)

Welcome to 8x10!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin