Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,042   Posts: 1,560,722   Online: 1075

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    13 Critchley Avenue, PO Box 36, Monteith Ont, P0K1P0
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Lake Superior in boxers and trying to stand still enough to make a photo?? Ummmm ... no thanks! You're a nutcase . The closest I've been to that is smelt fishing with dip nets in a river at Wawa in late April/earlyMay in my jeans and rubber boots - when the water gets to your knees and you can feel your toes going numb and you still don't leave because the nets are so full that you can't lift them, you know you haven't had enough Red Cap Ale

My personal worst .... a photo of our riverside place in Iroquois Falls on Dec 27'th a couple of years ago. I had snowshoed in a day earlier packing a trail so that I could drag in the 4x5 Calumet on a sleigh. I set up at 10:00am (tripod on the snowshoes 'cause the snow was too deep for the tripod) and by then it had warmed up to about -35'C and the shutter on the Schneider had loosened up enough so that I could get it to trip .... wasn't really sure what the speed was though .

cheers

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I went on a hike with some buddies once up a side valley off the main Kitimat River valley where I live. Toward the head waters of this side valley, the only flat place left to walk was up the glacial fed creek itself and fighting through the insanely dense avalanche alder was way too much work. The water was mere minutes from the hanging glaciers at the end of the valley and was c-c-c-COLD!!

Since it was raining, we would stop at each little rain fed waterfall and stand there for a while to warm up our feet.

I'm soooo glad it wasn't deeper than mid thigh...

Murray

Shooter
    35mm
    It wasn't 4x5 days for me yet - years ago I was on the top of a small waterfall in the middle of winter with ice all over but yet water was still falling - I was shooting with a Nikon F3 & a 28 lens & had the camera mounted on a tripod & was holding the entire kit collapsed & hanging over the edge the get the shot.

Long story short the shots were not what I had hoped for & I almost slipped & would have gone down about 50 feet to my ....

After I got a grip on myself I decided i did not need anymore shots unless I had some rope (which I did not have)

Hope your shots come out

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I went swimming in Lake Superior once in July. Luckily it was 90 some degrees outside, because the water had to be 45 degrees. I took a small point and shoot in with me just to prove that I was there. I probably swam for over a hour because of the heat. It took a week for me to find my balls again. Hope your shots turn out.

James,

Images
    On more than one occasion I've shed my shoes and rolled up my pants and set up my tripod in shin deep water to get a low angle lake-landscape. I felt something tickling my toes and looked down to see little Sunnies nibbling at them. If those things had teeth, they would be more viscious than Pyrannahs[sp].

In the Summertime I actually pack a pair of those rubber soled aqua socks in my bag. They take up little space and give much better footing on slippery underwater rocks and a bit of protection from the broken beer bottles that some A$$holes like to leave behind in our parklands.
    That is called grain. It is supposed to be there.
    =Neal W.=

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Best from the group. There is one more still drying that is similar, but the timing was pretty much at moment of impact, and he is completely obscured by the blast.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails john_gets_creamed.jpg  
    Last edited by Sjixxxy; 07-24-2006 at 12:27 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: I type bad.
    Gear: Camera, Brain, Light.
    Website - FB

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    That's got the Weegee look, but somehow I don't imagine him wading into the water in his trenchcoat.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Thats it! A trenchcoat and boxer shorts. Talk about a "flasher"!
    www.ericrose.com
    yourbaddog.com

"civility is not a sign of weakness" JFK

"The Dude abides" - the Dude

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I wander around Washington DC at night with a 5x7. My wife thinks that is beyond hardcore.

DBP

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by timothyhyde
    I wander around Washington DC at night with a 5x7. My wife thinks that is beyond hardcore.
    Depending on where you are, it may be much safer than wandering around with a 35mm. Lot to carry though, how do you do it?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin