Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,946   Posts: 1,585,849   Online: 1046

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFlyingCamera
    Mark Pope - I've got a Fuji 300 T f8 lens that I use with the Shen
    Thanks for the info FC - when I have the funds, I'll keep the fuji in mind.

Cheers
    Mark Pope
    Swindon, Wilts
    UK

http://www.monomagic.co.uk

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thanx for all the info. I went to the Midwest web site and will give them a call later this week. If I go to ebay I see a nos. of lens. Any suggestions on a good wide angle?
    Bob

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I've been using a Zone VI for several years now and love it! In fact, I can honestly say there is nothing wrong with it -- a masterpiece of design. It has risen to every challenge I've ever given it and never failed to deliver.

They can be found on eBay often, as well as elsewhere, for a grand or so with a lens. Personally, I find the 135mm to be the most useful, but a 150 is also good to have. While many consider the 210 to be "standard," I just don't find I use it that much. Still, to each his own.

Zone VI is a beauty!
    Michael McClellan
    Documentary Photographer
    Ann Arbor, Michigan
    http://www.MichaelMcClellan.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Ebonys are great cameras. I used one for a few weeks and wrote a short review on my site. I'd love to get one with the assymetrical tilts. (I have them on my Sinar and love them.) Nonetheless, we're talking about a completely different price leaque, with a whole host of interesting alternatives (Walker, Arca, ....)

I haven't used a Wista, but I did play with one in the store. I hope that I was looking at a bad sample. I broke the shift knob just by applying gentle pressure. That's not very encouraging.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Sinar F2, plus its 8 pounds!
    Marko Kovacevic
    Blog
    Youtube

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I am happy with my Toyo AX and use lenses from 90 - 300 mm. The newer model with more plastic is very inexpensive and a great place to start.
    Jerold Harter MD

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Super Graphic.

All aluminum and tough, rotating graflok back, full front movements, Strip it down a bit and its light.

Mine with lens, cambo back and a cambo reflex viewer weighs 5.25#.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by mmcclellan
    I've been using a Zone VI for several years now and love it! In fact, I can honestly say there is nothing wrong with it -- a masterpiece of design. It has risen to every challenge I've ever given it and never failed to deliver.

They can be found on eBay often, as well as elsewhere, for a grand or so with a lens. Personally, I find the 135mm to be the most useful, but a 150 is also good to have. While many consider the 210 to be "standard," I just don't find I use it that much. Still, to each his own.

Zone VI is a beauty!
    '

I've used a Zone VI for over twenty years. No problems and it has the movements that I use.
    Art is a step from what is obvious and well-known toward what is arcane and concealed.

Visit my website at http://www.donaldmillerphotography.com

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Ivy
    Thanx for all the info. I went to the Midwest web site and will give them a call later this week. If I go to ebay I see a nos. of lens. Any suggestions on a good wide angle?
    Bob
    I have the 90 F8 Super Angulon...and the 120 5.6 Apo Symmar. Both suit my needs.
    Art is a step from what is obvious and well-known toward what is arcane and concealed.

Visit my website at http://www.donaldmillerphotography.com

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    IF you can ever find one, a Goerz WA Dagor 4 3/8" (110 mm) f8 is a fantastic little lens. Slim enough to stay on the camera when closed up on just about everything out there in a field camera. It will cover 5x7 with very limited movement, or 4x5 with generous movement. Weighs next to nothing. I got really lucky when I bought mine - I guess nobody was watching for one that day, as I paid $100 for it. Wider than that, I'm partial to the Rodenstock 90 and 75 f6.8 models. Just a little slower than the 5.6 versions, but very large image circles, still brighter than the f8 versions, and both take a 67mm filter, which is nice since that is the filter 3/4 of my 4x5 lenses use. The only two that don't take that size are my Sinaron 150 and my 4 3/8" WA Dagor. In the long run, you really can't go wrong with anything from the big four (Schneider, Rodenstock, Nikon, Fuji).

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin