Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,971   Posts: 1,558,660   Online: 981

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Kino
    Tim,

Cool. I need a couple of inexpensive lenses for a Crown and a Speed Grapic body that I have had laying around for several years. This sounds like a step in the right direction...

Thanks
    I <3 my raptars. I have two 135s and have a 90mm en route. Nobody has ever compalined about my image quality, and the most I ever payed for one with shutter is $56us, so I beat the hell out of them and won't cry if I manage to destory one somehow.
    Gear: Camera, Brain, Light.
    Website - FB

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Kino
    Tim,

Cool. I need a couple of inexpensive lenses for a Crown and a Speed Grapic body that I have had laying around for several years. This sounds like a step in the right direction...

Thanks
    Well, here's to hoping it fits in the Osicilla-Raptor 75mm 1.9 Alphax shutter with little or no modification. I ordered one for my 3 1/4 Speed which could use a standard to slight telephoto lens. I also ordered a Steinheil lens and shutter for pinhole work. 12 bucks?

tim in san jose
    Where ever you are, there you be.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by k_jupiter
    Well, here's to hoping it fits in the Osicilla-Raptor 75mm 1.9 Alphax shutter
    tim in san jose
    Hrmm, I never heard of that lens before. Will it cover 4x5 ?

Thanks !

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveH
    Hrmm, I never heard of that lens before. Will it cover 4x5 ?

Thanks !
    Oscilloscope camera lens, made to cover 3x4 at magnifications no lower than 1:2. It won't cover 4x5 at infinity and it isn't a wide angle lens. There are no really inexpensive 75s that will cover 4x5 at infinity. Wishful thinking and sellers' lies won't make it so.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Thanks Dan. In my case it was wishful thinking

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Fromm
    Oscilloscope camera lens, made to cover 3x4 at magnifications no lower than 1:2. It won't cover 4x5 at infinity and it isn't a wide angle lens. There are no really inexpensive 75s that will cover 4x5 at infinity. Wishful thinking and sellers' lies won't make it so.
    It won't cover 6x6 at infinity. It's a design based on focusing about three inches in front of the lens. Someody in another thread suggested moving the spacing between elements... but too much trouble.

tim in san jose

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by k_jupiter
    Well, here's to hoping it fits in the Osicilla-Raptor 75mm 1.9 Alphax shutter with little or no modification. I ordered one for my 3 1/4 Speed which could use a standard to slight telephoto lens. I also ordered a Steinheil lens and shutter for pinhole work. 12 bucks?

tim in san jose
    Ah yeehaw! In typical Shed fashion, great shipping times, the lens set is here already. It does fit the Alphax Shutter perfectly. I placed it in the lens board section of my 3x4 Speed and it looks great, edge to edge. We will have to see about actual film results.

Now where did I put that lensboard I made for the 75mm 1.9?

Thanks for the info phfitz.

tim in san jose

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin