Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,556   Posts: 1,545,034   Online: 893

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format

Shutter for Wollensak 160 f4.5 Raptar?

Ok, I know this is a lame question and probably I can't give you enough detail to respond properly, but I'll ask anyway...

I have a chance to buy a Wollensak Raptar 160mm, f4.5 lens cell set, new in original box, but they of course come sans shutter.

The only other information I have on is that the front cell has a 2 1/8 inch diameter with a clear lens diameter of 1 3/8 inches and the rear cell has a 1 3/4 inch diameter with a clear lens diameter of 1 1/4 inches.

Any idea what size shutter this would require and what image circle it would cover?

Thanks if you can help.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Have you checked with SK grimes ? I *think* the raptars were enlarging lenses, so they normally would have come in barrel.
    That being said, Im pretty sure I've come across one or two in a rapax (wollensak) shutter. So check out ebay for 'em.

Hope that helps.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Kino,

that would fit into a 2 7/8" Alphax shutter, same thread sizes as 190/4.5 (75/1.9 also I think). Have no idea what it covers.

Good luck with it

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    http://cgi.ebay.com/Wollensak-162mm-...QQcmdZViewItem

There's your lens in a rapax shutter. Hopefully that will give you some idea.
    I believe these came mounted on some graflex at one time or another, so perhaps it will cover 4x5. Beyond that, just give it a shot and see what you come up with.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Surplus Shed roulette, eh?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Fromm
    Funny... but I have seen some stuff dagor77 sells listed in the surplus shed catalog at the same time. I connected the dots but maybe the line is squiggily.

Raptars were not exclusively enlarging lens, I have a 127mm mounted in my Kalart Press with a Rapax shutter as standard equipment. I do believe (and I might be wrong) that most were Tessar designs and as such a 160mm should easily cover a 4x5 with movements.

tim in sanjose
    Where ever you are, there you be.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by phfitz
    Kino,

that would fit into a 2 7/8" Alphax shutter, same thread sizes as 190/4.5 (75/1.9 also I think). Have no idea what it covers.

Good luck with it
    Phfitz,

Ah, good! I knew someone here would know! Thank you!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveH
    http://cgi.ebay.com/Wollensak-162mm-...QQcmdZViewItem

There's your lens in a rapax shutter. Hopefully that will give you some idea.
    I believe these came mounted on some graflex at one time or another, so perhaps it will cover 4x5. Beyond that, just give it a shot and see what you come up with.
    SteveH,

Cool! Thanks for the visual link; that helps.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Fromm

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by k_jupiter
    ...most were Tessar designs and as such a 160mm should easily cover a 4x5 with movements.
    tim in sanjose
    Tim,

Cool. I need a couple of inexpensive lenses for a Crown and a Speed Grapic body that I have had laying around for several years. This sounds like a step in the right direction...

Thanks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin