Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,821   Posts: 1,581,670   Online: 883

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Fujinon-W 135mm F5.6

I am seriously considering the purchase of a Fujinon-W 135mm F5.6 Lens in Seiko B Shutter. It is, at best, single coated - not absolutely sure. I don't know about Seiko shutters other than they seem less popular than Compur. The lens data is inside the rim which indicates it is not a "newer" shutter where the data is around the exterior parameter. Does the "B" in Seiko B indicate the size of the hole in a lens board? If so, what would that be? Any advice to avoid a complete blunder?
    I've looked at Kerry's Fujinon pages.
    Thank you,

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I think the Seiko's can be different sizes then the common shutters. I know I've got one that needed a bit of work on the lensboard. At least I remember it that way. I don't remember if my 105mm is in a Seiko or not but it fit just fine.

The Seikos are cheaper but parts may be an issue for repair. OTOH the older Fujis have greater coverage then the newer ones.

I've got the 210mm and it easily covers 8x10.

http://members.aol.com/subgallery/byseries.htm

According to that it should be in the S0 shutter. It also claims my 105mm SW is in a S0. I can't remember any problems mounting that.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thank you Nick,
    I bought the lens and it should be here next week. The owner say's the hole in the board is about 1-1/2" so my 0 board will probably fit it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Seiko Shutter

Hmmm!!! Copal 0----not a chance---The Seiko requires approx a 58 mm hole-----What's your application ? If a Linhof board I just happen to have one I drilled for a Seiko shutter-----lens gone--board remains---I simply enlarged a Copal 0 but thats not the easiest chore with a Linhof board !
    Joseph Burke

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hmmm is right. I hope you are proved wrong but probably won't be. I bought it for my 4X5 Bush Pressman with an eye to a future camera. The dang lens board is only 3" square (+/-76mm). I think your Linhof board is too big for me. I'll have to have my board ground out I guess.
    Thanks for the input, I'm preparing to be disappointed

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruce (Camclicker)
    Hmmm is right. I hope you are proved wrong but probably won't be. I bought it for my 4X5 Bush Pressman with an eye to a future camera. The dang lens board is only 3" square (+/-76mm). I think your Linhof board is too big for me. I'll have to have my board ground out I guess.
    Thanks for the input, I'm preparing to be disappointed
    Bruce,

I am afraid the Linhof Technika IV board will be too large, the dimensions are supposed to be: 96 x 99mm. But, maybe you will get a camera in the future to take these boards. The real Linhof boards are really nice. Most for my Technikardan 45S are Linhof's own.

Rich
    Richard A. Nelridge
    http://www.nelridge.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have a Fuji 150 5.6 with the Seiko shutter. Mine fits fine in a Copal 0 board, I have had it in three different boards and it worked great with all of them.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Sorensen
    I have a Fuji 150 5.6 with the Seiko shutter. Mine fits fine in a Copal 0 board, I have had it in three different boards and it worked great with all of them.
    AHHHHHHH! The voice of HOPE. Thank you Paul, I needed that little encouragement.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Surf over to KEH. They claim the 135mm they are selling needs a 35mm mount. Now maybe they made a mistake but why would a 135mm need a big honking 58mm mount? I know for certain my 210mm didn't.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I overhauled the Seiko shutter in my Fujinon-SW 90/8 so they are certainly serviceable. Its actually not often that you need parts.

One thing I noticed about the Seiko is that it has the heaviest slap I have ever seen in a leaf shutter. The mainspring is coiled around a post and it really whacks the blade actuator quite authoritatively! I don't know if it has any real effect because a better 90mm lens fell in my lap and I sold it before I had the chance to find out.
    If it says Zeiss or Rollei, the answer is YES!
    My Flickr Gallery

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin