Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,727   Posts: 1,515,130   Online: 1109

Thread: Will it fit?

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images

Will it fit?

I have a Tachihara 5X4 and a SA 90 I would like to use on it. Having tried it with a flat panle it works but seems to put excessive strain on the bellows when using raise.

Will the Tachihara accept a recessed board (Tecnika type), and will a synchro compur 0 fit into a recessed panel?

Thanks

Martin
    I'm Spartacus!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If it's a Linhof style board, there's no reason it should work on a Tachahara. But those boards are a little bit pricey.
    Doesn't the back standard slide forward on that camera? Doing that should help balance it.
    I think a Compur 0 is the same as a Copal 0. You should be able to verify that on the SK Grimes website. Dean
    dphphoto

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by dphphoto
    If it's a Linhof style board, there's no reason it should work on a Tachahara. But those boards are a little bit pricey.
    Doesn't the back standard slide forward on that camera? Doing that should help balance it.
    I think a Compur 0 is the same as a Copal 0. You should be able to verify that on the SK Grimes website. Dean
    Thanks for the reply,

It is a Technika board, and yes they are expensive. Sliding the back forward sorts out the balance, but it's not so much about that. Using it today with almost full rise seemed, to me at any rate, to put a lot of stress on the bellows. I need to get another board anyway, and I'm thinking that getting a sunken board will ease the strain on the bellows.

Cheers

Martin
    I'm Spartacus!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have a Shen Hao recessed board that I bought from Badger when I got my Shen Hao. Not exactly up to Linhof quality it must be said, but it works and takes a normal cable release at a fraction of the price.

Cheers, Bob.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin