Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 75,269   Posts: 1,660,684   Online: 1023

Thread: folding bellows

Shooter
    Multi Format

folding bellows

Can any of you tip me with e-mail addresses there I can learn how to fold a bellows? I need to construct a kind of special bellows for lens shade! I need something wide and low profile to use on the Schneider Super Angulon. I have an a Tomyama 6x24 cm wide angle camera I know this isn’t a large format but those panorama guys probably can’t help me out as this is not really their territory!
    Thanks.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Here's one link, where you can get a good idea of how to fold a bellows: http://my.net-link.net/~jsmigiel/bellows.html. If you don't want to make it yourself, there are a few enterprises such as www.camerabellows.com who could make it for you. There are probably more instructions on the net if you do a search.
    “Do your work, then step back. The only path to serenity.” - Lao Tzu

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks for the link but it's more difficult than those sqeare type of bellows! hoewer I contacted Joe so lets see if he has some ideas! I put up a ruff drowing which show what I need. that size will work out perfectly on that lens! Some metall parts I'm gonna use from the Hasselblad bellows type of shade but the front and the back panell I must manufacture self out of aluminium! which is not a big deal really! It's like a shade on that 35mm panorama movie cameras but just a slightly smaller size! :-)

Uraniumnitrate
    Last edited by uraniumnitrate; 12-06-2006 at 08:24 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Looks like a bellows from an older Polaroid might be of the correct proportion. No?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by jolefler
    Looks like a bellows from an older Polaroid might be of the correct proportion. No?
    Hello!
    I don't know as I never had seen one but I got this problem with the Tomiyama and Schneider combination! I'm loosing cotrast in my negs and I can't say that I like it! :-)

Otherwise I'm using those square like bellows shade on my other cameras! I have manufactured a holder which I mounted on the 8x10 Tachihara which holds the Toyo bellows shade. It's works but not with this camera as the square blinfolding me! :-) It covers the entire viewer on the camera! :-)

By the way I have published a pic on the camera in the section panorama cameras you can looked it if you want to!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I second the www.camerabellows.com recommendation. They did one for me, and it wasn't even expensive. I saved 60% over buying it from Linhof. Give them to get you a quote.
    Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht
    www.darkroomagic.comrorrlambrec@ymail.com[/URL]
    www.waybeyondmonochrome.com

Shooter
    Large Format
    You might try the Panoramic Association to see if any of its members can help you.
    van Huyck Photo
    "Progress is only a direction, and it's often the wrong direction"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Guys, thanks for all the tip I've got! It might be some sollution after all!

U.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I've improvised lens hoods from black mat board. Cheap and easy.

Shooter
    Large Format
    uraniumnitrate,

If all else fails, you can make an oversized square bellows and use a format mask in front Hollywood cine camera style. Looks strange but a great light trap. May be easier to build.

Have fum with it.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin