Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,948   Posts: 1,557,854   Online: 823

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by cperez
    Her workload has been horrendous.
    This can only be a good thing these days! Hope she gets rested.

B.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It's tough to be a small shop and serving a mail-based clientele.

How do you get away and accept packages ? Can't.

Robert

If you see her in a swimsuit and shades on the beach,
    make sure she has a good time, but see that she gets back on the airplane.

d
    "One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid,
    and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision"

-Bertrand Russell

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Carol's husband, Lee, is having disc surgery -- he went under around noon today. She'll be taking off a few days to be with him during the initial part of his recovery.

She should be back shortly -- I'd guess by the end of the week or sometime next week.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Our own self serving interests don't diminish the sincerity of our good wishes !
    "One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid,
    and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision"

-Bertrand Russell

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    yes, prayers and best wishes with you and your husband Carol...

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    I called and their machine says they are closed until the first week of October.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by ineffablething
    I called and their machine says they are closed until the first week of October.
    Could be. The last time we spoke, I inferred she'd be closing for a week or so, but I may have misunderstood.

We communicate fairly regularly, so when I hear something, I'll post an update.

Shooter
    Multi Format

Update

From Carol. An update on Lee's surgery...

"... Bob,

I don't have a lap top or a blue berry, I just got home 8:30pm, it's been a long day. We got to the hospital at 10:00 am, at 1:30pm they finally took him in for surgery, surgery took 2 hours and he was in recovery for 3 hours.

The surgery went ok...there was a (weird my computer screen just turned yellow...ok it's back to white) Ok back to what I was saying...there was a lot of inflammation and it made it very difficult, the spinal cord was nicked and a bit of fluid was split but it was quickly sticked up and glued. They were able to clean the area out and the nerve now has plenty of room now. But Lee must stay flat on his back til Wed. or he could develop meningitis. One other problem is he has a hiatal hernia so acid could come up and cause a ashma attack or get in his lungs if he lays flat. So they might have to raise it a bit 30 degrees at the most of and on depending on how he feels.

So we are not out of the woods yet.

That is it for now, will update you tomorrow night on his progress.

Carol..."

--------------------
    I passed on everyone's wishes for Lee's recovery and asked when she plans to return. When she replies, I'll post it.

Shooter
    Multi Format

Further Update

"... yes, my machine says I'm closed til Oct., Lee has two weeks he has to rest then two weeks of physical therapy.

So you can tell them that I will be out for 2 weeks for sure and if they email me I will accept their items. I just didn't want walk-in people showing up or mystery boxes showing up.

During my two weeks off, I will be caring for Lee since he can only sit for 30 min. 3 times a day, no bending or lifting anything heaver than a coffee cup but I brought a bunch of work home and will be working on. Maybe I will get caught up a bit.. ha!

I just had a few guys send me 5 plus shutters at one time...that really messes me up when they do that. I need to think of a way to put it across to these guys to limit the items or it will take a lot longer than the 4 to 6 weeks.

Carol..."

-------------------------
    Hmmmm. I remember when I went in for a herniated disc. Afterward, the Doc said, "No heavy lifting." I said, "Huh? No heavy lifting? How am I supposed to take a whiz?"

The nurse chuckled, but the Doc just gave me this strange look. I think surgeons are like accountants -- their sense of humor is surgically removed upon graduation from grad school.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Don't be so quick as to send a shutter elsewhere. Living here on the east coast Carol could get a shutter repaired and back to me before some "expert" shops that I could drive to. All the time offering much better communication and service.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin