Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,741   Posts: 1,515,567   Online: 938

Shooter
    Multi Format

sinar copal shutter

Hi there, I wonder should one store the Sinar Copal shutter in closed or open position? When pressing the red lever on the side, it gets open by releasing a spring tension, which would imply that this spring is under tension when the shutter is closed. Therefore, it would be best to keep it stored open, untensioned.

When firing the shutter in "normal" way by pressing the cable release, one actually tensions some other springs (i.e. one cocks the shutter).... which would imply it is OK to store it closed like any other shutter. Does Sinar shutter have an extra spring coupled to the blades that are tensioned when shutter is in closed position? I read in an earlier thread that it's best to store it on 8s speed setting, but this probably has nothing to do with the other spring coupled to the red lever. I wonder if anyone would know how this all functions in SInar shutter? Thanks,

Joseph

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    In my Sinar handbook about the shutter the say clear it has to be open and on 8 sec. for storage! So it wil hold up for a long time and work properly!
    Armin from Switzerland!
    Good light and nice shadows!

www.artfoto.ch

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin