Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,747   Posts: 1,515,678   Online: 797

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    My local Ace Hardware Store has a 1 5/8 hole saw for $6. I don't remember if it comes with the necessary center bit, though.

Dug

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Here are some photos of the extension plates I built to use wider angle lenses. The design allows for some front tilt. I have used it sucessfully with 75mm and 65mm lenses. The 90mm works fine with only the bag bellows and the two standards to the front of the tripod block. It has never been a problem. The materials cost about $8 US.

Have fun with your Bender! Let me know if you have other questions. I have been using mine for about 9 years and have found that having a setup that is light and fits into a daypack increases the chances that you will have it with you and will take more pictures.

Doug
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC00381.JPG   DSC00382.JPG  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Dug
    Here are some photos of the extension plates I built to use wider angle lenses. The design allows for some front tilt. I have used it sucessfully with 75mm and 65mm lenses. The 90mm works fine with only the bag bellows and the two standards to the front of the tripod block. It has never been a problem. The materials cost about $8 US.

Have fun with your Bender! Let me know if you have other questions. I have been using mine for about 9 years and have found that having a setup that is light and fits into a daypack increases the chances that you will have it with you and will take more pictures.

Doug
    Great! Many thanks for posting the pics. I guess my woodworking skills have to improve quite a bit before I can attempt that but it certainly seems doable.

-Anupam

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Go to HOBBY store, ask for birch plywood. They should have stacks of it. It comes in small sheets perfect thickness for sinar lens board. Cut to size. Then place retaining ring on the board - eyeball center, then use pencil on inner circle and where screws go. Drill a small hole on the inner circle line. Then insert a coping saw blade (you must remove one end and insert the blade and then reattach) and cut out the circle. This can even be somewhat sloppy. Attach retaining ring with small wood screws and WALA! A sturdy, cheap lensboard. place black tape on back of board screws for safety and perhaps light tightness. I have made several this way.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Shot my first 4x5

Just wanted to thank everyone for the help and tips. Got the drill and mounted the lens on the lensboard - wasn't difficult at all. The wideangle adapter will probably be a later project - maybe in a few months.

In the meanwhile, I shot my first sheet of 4x5 film today - YAY!

-A

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin