Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,930   Posts: 1,585,376   Online: 978

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm afraid there is not answer. During my short time in retail, I learned there are just some people who work very hard at being idiots.
    juan

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    "The only problem I am having is people ordering things from one email and expecting to get a confirmation at another email address....I am hear (sic) to tell you, IT AIN"T GOING TO HAPPEN."

Of course it isn't. Why take up space here to tell us something as self-evident as that? You might as well tell us that "if you don't have a telephone I can't reach you by telephone." If this is a big problem then fix it by sticking a line or two on your order form or web site as blaze-on suggested, posting a rant here isn't going to accomplish much.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Campbell
    Of course it isn't. Why take up space here to tell us something as self-evident as that? You might as well tell us that "if you don't have a telephone I can't reach you by telephone." If this is a big problem then fix it by sticking a line or two on your order form or web site as blaze-on suggested, posting a rant here isn't going to accomplish much.
    Dave is pretty good about keeping his customers informed about what is going on, and a lot of customers of his are on APUG. Hence the message. You just aren't aware of what is going on.
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Quote Originally Posted by roteague
    Dave is pretty good about keeping his customers informed about what is going on, and a lot of customers of his are on APUG. Hence the message. You just aren't aware of what is going on.
    I apologize for my ignorance. I just kind of thought it made more sense for Dave to be dealing with the people who actually order something (e.g. by putting a line or two on the order form) rather than by asking everybody here to read his plea for help when the people here can't possibly comprise a significant percentage of his orders (he says he's had 2200 in just three months, I don't think this forum has anywhere near even that three-month number of regular readers who are also going to be ordering anything in the near future). But then as you say, I probably just don't know what's going on, hopefully you'll enlighten me.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    ...snip..., posting a rant here isn't going to accomplish much.
    I think Dave just wanted a 'ear' to lean on. You know - to vent to a community of his friends. Give him some slack.

Regards, Art.
    Visit my website at www.ArtLiem.com
    or my online portfolios at APUG and ModelMayhem

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I apologize for my ignorance. I just kind of thought it made more sense for Dave to be dealing with the people who actually order something (e.g. by putting a line or two on the order form) rather than by asking everybody here to read his plea for help when the people here can't possibly comprise a significant percentage of his orders (he says he's had 2200 in just three months, I don't think this forum has anywhere near even that three-month number of regular readers who are also going to be ordering anything in the near future). But then as you say, I probably just don't know what's going on, hopefully you'll enlighten me.
    Well you might be very surprised to learn, that approx 7 out of 10 orders come from people who are a member of APUG, another amazing little fact, is often times when I post a message here, I get quite a few others that will post the information on the other major internet message systems, such as P-net, LF.info, Luminous Light, Etc. so by my posting something here, it does get spread around. As I said, our orders from members here, are about 7 out of 10 orders, and I would guesstimate that 50% of the people shooting LF gear on this website have ordered at least one screen from us. Many have bought mulitiple screens from us.

Dave

CGross
    Is 2200 orders since June typical of the volume of your sales? Some of these types of orders have the potential of being spam. I have seen this before.

If you know someone who is good at software/web programming, PayPal has the capability of integrating with a verification process you write for your site. For example, this means that the person placing the order must respond to an automatically generated email verifying the order before the order is placed.

Defnately recommend clearly stating your ordering policy on your site.

Good luck. Ecommerce is always a fun challenge.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by snowymtphotos
    Is 2200 orders since June typical of the volume of your sales? Some of these types of orders have the potential of being spam. I have seen this before.
    Yes, it is typical, and I would not expect a spam order to transfer funds to my account, the system is set up correctly, as our other business is the web with several hundreds of ecommerce sites on the net for our clients, there is nothing wrong with the system I use. There is no underlying motives here on the part of those ordering...or on me letting people know that their confirmation will be sent to the email they use for paypal.

Dave

CGross
    Dave, I should have read your original post on this a bit more carefully. It was about getting the word out to everyone and not asking for advice which was what I posted.....my appologies.
    Best Regards
    Cody

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin