Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,205   Posts: 1,531,761   Online: 958

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format

Okay Guys and Gals, I really need a bit of help here!!! Please Read!

Well, This is indeed been week of a bit of frustration!

4 different times this week, I have received emails from customers who have placed an order via our website at satinsnowglass.com....

As many of you know, I use a paypal shopping system at this time and have for over 2 years now...

These 4 people have emailed me, stating they have not received an order confirmation.......and my stock reply is always, did you get an email from paypal stateing you have made a payment to Ground Glass Specialties?

In every single case, they have got back to me stating..."Oh, my paypal account is tied to an email I don't check very often!" and "Yes, there is an email stating I made and order"

As I said in my other message a couple of days ago, since June, we have received 2200 orders, where the frustration comes in, is if you are using an email address on your paypal account that you don't check, the odds are, your not going to see a confirmation email!!!! If your email address you check all the time IS different than your paypal email address, I have no way in the world to know what your frequently checked email is!!!!

So please pass on the information, if your paypal email is something you don't use often, please check that email address BEFORE you email me in anger! I have no way to know what your email address is, other than the one that you used to make the payment and I depend on my ordering system to email you back acknowledging you have placed an order, if for some reason you DON'T get an email from paypal stating you have sent money at the email address you use for paypal, then please email me, or check your paypal account to verify the order went through...One other thing, when I ship an order to domestic address, I use the USPS system to send out a notification of mailing, so if the email address is different on the order than your regular email address, it is most likely not going to be noticed if you don't check the email address you used to place the order.

But I am not a mind reader, I can't send emails to email addressed I don't have!

Thanks for your support, with the amount of orders we receive, I just need a bit of help here.

Dave Parker
    Satin Snow Ground Glass

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Parker
    ..and my stock reply is always, did you get an email from paypal stateing you have made a payment to Ground Glass Specialties?

...if you are using an email address on your paypal account that you don't check, the odds are, your not going to see a confirmation email!!!!

Does your website state or address this on it? Seems it would surely help to state it clear and loud there.

[SIZE=3]"Dear customer, thank you for your order.
    You will receive an email shortly adressed to your paypal account email address stating we have received your order"[/SIZE]
    Matt's Photo Site
    "I invent nothing, I rediscover". Auguste Rodin

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Dave, have you considered setting up a commercial bank account - or at least the ability to take 'real' credit cards over the phone or by web interface?? I'm not criticizing you... but easy as though paypal IS - there are certainly disadvantages (!!).

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Dave, didn't you get the memo? Sellers are expected to read buyers' minds! Silly boy.

If the buyers aren't supplying a different email address for you, how can you possibly send them a confirmation?
    Jim MacKenzie - Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada

A bunch of Nikons; Feds, Zorkis and a Kiev; Pentax 67-II (inherited from my deceased father-in-law); Bronica SQ-A; and a nice Shen Hao 4x5 field camera with 3 decent lenses that needs to be taken outside more. Oh, and as of mid-2012, one of those bodies we don't talk about here.

Favourite film: do I need to pick only one?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparky
    Dave, have you considered setting up a commercial bank account - or at least the ability to take 'real' credit cards over the phone or by web interface?? I'm not criticizing you... but easy as though paypal IS - there are certainly disadvantages (!!).
    Sparky,

Yes, I have a credit card acceptance program, I take about 100 phone processed credit card orders per month, if I have to go further and have a web interface for what you call "Real Credit cards" I will stop making glass as that type of system is far to expensive to a person whoes average product costs $10 bucks...

I have never found a disadvantage to paypal as you don't even have to have a paypal account to order from us and your NOT required to sign up to order from us..by the way, I have a commercial bank account...

The only problem I am having is people ordering things from one email and expecting to get a confirmation at another email address....I am hear to tell you, IT AIN"T GOING TO HAPPEN!

Dave

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by blaze-on
    Does your website state or address this on it? Seems it would surely help to state it clear and loud there.

[SIZE=3]"Dear customer, thank you for your order.
    You will receive an email shortly adressed to your paypal account email address stating we have received your order"[/SIZE]
    I have tried to make the ordering process as easy as I possibly can, anybody that uses paypal knows they will get a confirmation to the email address they use for paypal when they send money, but it is not my fault if someone uses a different email address to send money, than they normally use, I don't quite understand how someone can send money to someone with a address they don't check everyday!

Dave

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Parker

In every single case, they have got back to me stating..."Oh, my paypal account is tied to an email I don't check very often!" and "Yes, there is an email stating I made and order"
    Maybe these people shouldn't be handling glass

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Oh, and keep up the work on a GREAT product. I bought a GG from you a couple of years ago and was very satisfied.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Poor Dave. Time to roll another cigey and take a long sip of the scotch. Chill baby! We love ya.
    www.ericrose.com
    yourbaddog.com

"civility is not a sign of weakness" JFK

"The Dude abides" - the Dude

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Maybe it would be appropriate to remind people that you can edit your PayPal preferences and have the confirmation sent to an e-mail address you DO read...

I get very little spam from PayPal so there's no real reason not to use your "real" address.

Steve

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin