Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,940   Posts: 1,557,431   Online: 827

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Rash (poor) Ebay purchases

A month ago I bought 3 cameras on ebay from an APUG member, he never posts :-) This is not a complaint !

They finally arrived a Busch Pressman 6x7 looked worn & tired a bit of black polish looks great will work fine, when I get a film back - RB67.

Two Speed Graphics which he'd bought to make one good one from the parts, only one problem they were very different and no parts are interchageable.

However the older Speed Graphic while extremely tatty works fine, shutters good, now shed of all its leather, aluminium is minus its severe corrosion, the camera awaits paint and refinishing, time for restoration is 2 hours max so far :-)

This will be a very nice 5x4 basic camera, no movements, and very easy to finish to a great condition.

The other Speed Graphic has major issues, no shutter, severe damage to the rear track bed, bellows leak badly, whole back - film holder etc missing . . . . . will be up and in use soon :-)

Where there's a will there is a way !

Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Um, er, ah, Ian, not to rain on your parade, but how do you intend to attach an RB67 back to your 2x3 Pressman? I ask because, although its possible to replace the Pressman's spring back with a Graflok, 2x3 Pressmans with a Graflok are quite uncommon. And the RB67 back is a bit thick to slip in like a sheet film holder.

Cheers,

Dan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    You would have had to modify the Busch with a Graphic Graflok back like I did when I found that I liked the camera but not the back. Now I can use roll holders and film holders and the many Grafmatic six shooters I aquired. It's ok to go wild if it all fits together in the end. The only thing about the Busch 2X3 is the small lens board that limits the choice there, but even that can be worked out. My Busch was in mint condition otherwise I would not have gotten the urge. Get a flash that you won't use and a case that you will use, sometimes, and it is a good kit for some fun and nice negatives.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Luckily the 6x7 takes a Graflok back :-) so an RB67 back will fit.

The older 5x4 Speed Graphic is now only dependant on the paint drying times :-) and will soon be back up and running, and looking better than new with it's wood now showing :-)

The "modern" Speed Graphic need two new parts machined, unless I can find someone breaking one for parts, not sur it'll be a looker, but will be agreat workhorse.

Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Grant
    Luckily the 6x7 takes a Graflok back :-) so an RB67 back will fit.

<snip>

Ian
    Huh? There are two sizes of Busch Pressman cameras. 2.25" x 3.25" and 4"x5". Ain't no 6x7. They were normally sold with spring, not Graflok, backs. What DO you have?

The RB67 roll holder you're thinking of attaches to a Graflok back. The Graflok back is part of the camera body. What DO you have?

Cheers,

Dan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

2.25" x 3.25" and 4"x5". Ain't no 6x7

Hi Dan

The film gate is closer to 6x8, I'd guessed 6x7, the back is not the older spring back, similar to a Graflex spring back and also unlike the later graflock back, instead it has two springs which will allow a 6x9 darkslide or a film back similar to the RB67 back.

Effectively it accepts Graflock back, but uses springs :-)

Ian

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Fromm
    Huh? There are two sizes of Busch Pressman cameras. 2.25" x 3.25" and 4"x5". Ain't no 6x7. They were normally sold with spring, not Graflok, backs. What DO you have?

The RB67 roll holder you're thinking of attaches to a Graflok back. The Graflok back is part of the camera body. What DO you have?

Cheers,

Dan

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin