Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,561   Posts: 1,545,268   Online: 833

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images

imagon 250 manual

Hi,

i just bought a imagon 250 in copal #3 and would like to know if somebody knows a pdf (or something else) manual to start with.

Thanks!

Shooter
    Multi Format

Imagon manual

There should be lots of references via google. The info in pamphlets is very skimpy. Reprints are available at the usual outlets. 5:1 lighting contrast is advised.

Shooter
    Large Format
    If you search on Imagon here and at the LF Forum you will find lots of info. Rather than repeating all the details here are a few simple guidelines:

1) The 250 is specifically designed fo use with 4x5.

2) Hard light works best (as noted above).

3) You need to focus the lens at the taking aperture. A simple trick to do this is to have your subject hold a small led point source light at the pointyou want in sharp focus. When you have a clear, sharp star pattern of that light you have the focus right (thanks to Bob Salomon of HP MarketingCorp for this).

Shooter
    Large Format
    I wrote to Rodenstock for info on the 250 Imagon. A couple of weeks later they sent me 12 pages of technical documents (no charge) on the lens but no real info on useing the lens. And yes it is all in german.

Take a few sheets and work with it. You will catch on fast. Chech the other posts for Imagon. You will find some info.
    DIGITAL IS FOR THOSE AFRAID OF THE DARK.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    What do you need to know? Most of it is pretty self-explanatory. If you have any specific queries I'll see what I can dredge up from memory & books.

Shoot a or two roll with a rollfilm back and you should learn all you need to know about relative sharpness/softness.

Cheers,

Roger

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hello Willie, Cameraeccentric.com has a brochure and two manuals for the Imagon on line. Best, Charley

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by raucousimages
    I wrote to Rodenstock for info on the 250 Imagon. A couple of weeks later they sent me 12 pages of technical documents (no charge) on the lens but no real info on useing the lens. And yes it is all in german.
    If you need any help, I have an Imagon (without manual) and read German (on good days).
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Shooter
    Large Format
    Ole
    Thanks for the offer. I had it translated by a friend from Stutgart several years ago. He is an engineer and loved looking at it. I figured the lens out and use it a lot.

The one thing I did to the lens that I have never heard of anyone else doing is to attach the propper f stop scales for a 250mm lens onto the Copal #3 shutter. Now I can use the H stop diaphrams or just stop the lens down. The look is different but I like them both.
    DIGITAL IS FOR THOSE AFRAID OF THE DARK.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    thanks for you replies guys.

A friend of my told me if you start using that lens you will become addicted..

I use this 250 lens on a shen hao 4x5.

I'll start digging with the info.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by raucousimages View Post

Take a few sheets and work with it. You will catch on fast. Chech the other posts for Imagon. You will find some info.
    Digital is for who is afraid of the dark ?
    Or for those without a propper lab within 100 miles....

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin