Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,559   Posts: 1,545,255   Online: 815

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Shooter
    35mm
    If your budget allows a 4x5 Arca F camera is very desirable. You will not out grow it.
    Claire (Ms Anne Thrope is in the darkroom)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi Walter,

At this point as a member and not a subscriber, I am not sure if you can access this, but there was an older Arca Monorail (Model A???) just posted for sale in the Classifieds. It is not a current Arca Swiss, but it might be a good option and probably a great starter camera. If you can contact the seller, you might get some additional info inculding how small it collapses and the weight. The seller has posted a price of $350 or Best Offer.

Rich
    Richard A. Nelridge
    http://www.nelridge.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by naturephoto1 View Post
    there was an older Arca Monorail (Model A???) just posted for sale in the Classifieds. It is not a current Arca Swiss, but it might be a good option and probably a great starter camera.

(wave of nostalgia)
    I had one of those about 20 years ago; great little camera and a lot more rugged/heavy than a ShenHao. I suppose it all depends on how far Walter wants to go in search of his landscapes...

Richard

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    My Arca Swiss I once had (I think this was a an A model, because mine had base tilts, while the B has axial tilts?) was very light and easy to put in a smaller backpack. For being such lightweight (complete with lens it weighed less than my RZII with a 110), it was sturdy and good to handle. Beware of the foam on the standards, which on mine was close to crumbling into oblivion (just).

As almost always; "I wish I had it still..."
    “Do your work, then step back. The only path to serenity.” - Lao Tzu

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin