Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,514   Posts: 1,543,681   Online: 870

Shooter
    4x5 Format

tachihara 4x5 - how to close the darn thing?

I have just received a basket case- a great looking yet battered and tired 4x5- in need of tlc and new bellows etc- but cant seem to pass the folding down IQ test- can anybody shed some light into my dark place downunder?
    Last edited by namatjira; 09-22-2006 at 07:09 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by namatjira View Post
    I have just received a basket case- a great looking yet battered and tired 4x5- in need of tlc and new bellows etc- but cant seem to pass the folding down IQ test- can anybody shed some light into my dark place downunder?
    If it's like the Shen Hao and others you release the locks for the front rise and drop the standard out of the rail at the bottom then release the front tilt locks and lean the standard back and swing it face down till it lays on the bed. Be sure the focus rail is flush with the bed and the lensboard catch is pushed down out of the way.
    Gary Beasley

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by glbeas View Post
    If it's like the Shen Hao and others you release the locks for the front rise and drop the standard out of the rail at the bottom then release the front tilt locks and lean the standard back and swing it face down till it lays on the bed. Be sure the focus rail is flush with the bed and the lensboard catch is pushed down out of the way.
    It's not like the Shen Hao. You raise the front standard and slip it out of the rails at the top. Then it'll fold up easily. The Tachihara 8x10 is like the Shen Hao in that it comes out of the rails at the bottom, but the 4x5 is just the opposite.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Here is a .PDF of the manual (right!): http://www.largeformatphotography.in...haraManual.pdf
    larry

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks c6h6o3, and plummerl for the pdf and I'm sure namatjira will be tickled to know. So many ways to skin a cat! I've saved the pdf in case I can score one too to replace my aging Shen. Do Tachiharas use Linhof stlye boards or are they a proprietary design?
    Gary Beasley

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by glbeas View Post
    Thanks c6h6o3, and plummerl for the pdf and I'm sure namatjira will be tickled to know. So many ways to skin a cat! I've saved the pdf in case I can score one too to replace my aging Shen. Do Tachiharas use Linhof stlye boards or are they a proprietary design?
    I have a Tachihara, and yes it does use a Linhof Technika style board.

Cheers,

Martin
    I'm Spartacus!

Shooter
    4x5 Format

overwhelmed by the assistance

thanks folks- am a bit stunned at the speed and quality of all the replies- thanks-

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin