Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,940   Posts: 1,557,445   Online: 811

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks Jim. Wonderful shots. I personally like the Wolly shots the best. As to the Dallymeyer Petzval 3A, what it its focal length?

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jimgalli View Post
    The II is a tessar type. 6 reflective uncoated surfaces. The IV is a dialyte. 8 uncoated reflective surfaces. Plus the extra stop makes all the difference in the DOF in a shot like the 1st in the series. jg
    As usual, school is in session Thanks for clearing that up as well as the paper neg info you shared from before. I tried it out and you're right, the almost instant results are really fun.

Alan.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Jim,
    while we're on the subject of Wolly's, what are the characteristics of the series 1a's? I found a 5x7 Korona View with a 10" Triple convertible Wolly Ser 1a on it, in a betax. I keep debating on whether I need yet another camera on the shelf, but the lens intrigues me.

erie

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    JonW, the 3A is 16" focal length. Erie, a Wolly 1a is like a Protar VII and will act very like a Dagor but not quite as contrasty. Likely a fine lens.
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep..to gain that which he cannot lose. Jim Elliot, 1949

http://tonopahpictures.0catch.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    gee Jim, you most likely made my wife's evening, guess I'll go in the kitchen and find a comfy corner with the dogs proactively, as I'll surely have a 5x7 before the week is out....

erie

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Jim-

The Chevy in Weeds II (L'Eidoscop) is fabulous. The depth of field is precisely where it needs to be, the softness of the background is appropriate, the tones lovely. Fine work.

Russ (aka Mr. Softie)

Vegas/mysterious mohave co. az, Big Pine Key Fla.
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Jim this is some of your best work...in my not so humble opinion...I especially like the one of the handle of the lathe, ( maybe a good one for the Shooting the West)

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Wooten View Post
    ...I especially like the one of the handle of the lathe, ( maybe a good one for the Shooting the West)

That one is calling me.....Jim....print me in platinum please. I can just hear the crowd at shooting the west. 'Wunder which epson he printed that on?'
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep..to gain that which he cannot lose. Jim Elliot, 1949

http://tonopahpictures.0catch.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hey Jim,

very nice stuff. Very nice indeed.

For me, the softness "bearings soft" image makes me think of layers of dust on the bearings rather than a soft-focus image. As a wreck diver, this image to me looks a lot like an engine-room image where there has been years (or decades) of dirt settling on the bearings.

Matt

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    They make me want to go large, if that's any indication.
    No idea what's going to happen next, but I'm hoping it involves being wrist deep in chemicals come the weekend.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin