Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,553   Posts: 1,544,962   Online: 769

Shooter
    Large Format

Shen Hoa Information???

I am thinking of buying a Shen Hoa 5X7. It seems that they have two models (one with 480 mm of bellows extension and the other with 605 mm). I can not see that they show the lens board size for their cameras. Does anyone here know?

They also don't seem to have a wide angle bellows available. What is the shortest lens that you can effectively use on the 5X7 camera?
    Art is a step from what is obvious and well-known toward what is arcane and concealed.

Visit my website at http://www.donaldmillerphotography.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The Shen-Hao FCL57-A takes standard Technica boards. I just bought one, and wrote about it here

They do have a 5x7 wide angle bellows. My camera you can`t go much wider than 90mm I think, the other model I don`t know.
    Amund

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Don, I don't have an answer for your question, but I got to use a 4x5 Shen this last weekend. Very nice camera. I don't think you can go wrong with one. I had no trouble adapting to it from the Big Dorff at all.
    Semper Fi & God Bless America
    My Photography Blog

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The other 5x7 uses Sinar/Horseman 140mm boards but ships with a Linhoff adapter. All my lenses are on Linhoff boards.

With the front tilted back and a recessed board I think 65mm from ground glass to the front of the lensboard is the least you can use. 80mm without a recessed board?

You can get a bag bellows. But my widest lens is 105mm and the stock bellows seems to handle it fine for me.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Thanks everyone
    Art is a step from what is obvious and well-known toward what is arcane and concealed.

Visit my website at http://www.donaldmillerphotography.com

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin