Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,985   Posts: 1,523,952   Online: 893

Shooter
    Multi Format

Info on Plaubel cameras needed

Hi all
    Does any one have material on the old Plaubel cameras series.
    Tables. Diagrams etc throwing light on models, filmsize and intercombatibilty etc.
    Cheers
    Søren
    Send from my Electronic Data Management Device using TWOFingerTexting

Technology distinquishable from magic is insufficiently developed

Søren Nielsen
    Denmark

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Soeren View Post
    Hi all
    Does any one have material on the old Plaubel cameras series.
    Tables. Diagrams etc throwing light on models, filmsize and intercombatibilty etc.
    Cheers
    Søren
    Are you looking for info on roll film or large format cameras. I might have some info on the Plaubel Peco Profia 4x5 if that is what you are looking for.

Gord

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Oh sorry, LF cameras.
    Yes The Peco Profias and Universals are the ones Im looking for. I am looking for a 5X7 but info on what not to go for is valuable as well.
    Cheers
    Søren

Søren Nielsen
    Denmark

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Soeren View Post
    Oh sorry, LF cameras.
    Yes The Peco Profias and Universals are the ones Im looking for. I am looking for a 5X7 but info on what not to go for is valuable as well.
    Cheers
    Søren
    The Peco Profia - if memory serves me right - is based on a standard rail with a basic 4x5 front standard and your choice of backs - 4x5 to 8x10. There was three models - the N, Z and V. The V was a flat monorail while the other two used a tube with three guiding groves. I have the N with a second extention rail and a second set of standard bellows which gives me about a meter of bellows. I also have a bag bellows for wide angle shots. The camera is modular which allows for quick changing of bellows, lens boards and backs. It is a very well machined unit.

There were some accessories available on Ebay this week including the 5x7 bellows and some lens boards.

I will try and see if I still have the literature on the system but I won't be able to check until next week. I have nothing on the Universal model but from the ones I have seen I prefer the Profia.

Regards
    Gord

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I contacted Plaubel and after some difficulties (she doesn't speak english and my german sucks) I had a german colleque of mine sort things out and she offered to send whatever material they have to me. probably in the mail next week.
    Cheers
    Søren

Søren Nielsen
    Denmark

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin