Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,879   Posts: 1,520,369   Online: 1147

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerevan View Post
    A 210mm Rodenstock Sironar-S (I don't think the N version really covers except with no movements?)
    The Rodenstock Sironar N 210 (or equivalent Caltar II N) definitely covers 5x7 with plenty of movements. Remember that all 210 plasmats have coverage that approaches or in some cases exceeds 8x10.

The published image circle for the Sironar N 210 is 286 mm. You need 210 for 5x7. I have the Caltar version and it is a great lens. Most used modern Plasmats in 210 should be available for $ 250-300 at least on this side of the Atlantic.

Sincerely,

Hany.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by haziz View Post
    The Rodenstock Sironar N 210 (or equivalent Caltar II N) definitely covers 5x7 with plenty of movements.
    Good to know - the different models (Sironar, Sironar-N, -S and Apo Sironar) can be confusing sometimes. I found this compiled list right now, http://home.earthlink.net/~eahoo/page8/lenses.html which provides a lot of data on various lenses.
    “Do your work, then step back. The only path to serenity.” - Lao Tzu

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerevan View Post
    Good to know - the different models (Sironar, Sironar-N, -S and Apo Sironar) can be confusing sometimes. I found this compiled list right now, http://home.earthlink.net/~eahoo/page8/lenses.html which provides a lot of data on various lenses.
    TouchDown
    I knew it was out there somewhere
    Thanks
    Kind regards Søren
    Send from my Electronic Data Management Device using TWOFingerTexting

Technology distinquishable from magic is insufficiently developed

Søren Nielsen
    Denmark

I was in the same boat as you, looking for affordable lenses to mount on my
    5x7 Agfa Anscos for students use. I think it was Jim Galli who recommended I look for 8-1/2" Ilexs and I was able to buy two of them (One of them an Ilex, the other an Ilex built Caltar---both single coated) on ebay almost in mint condition in Acme shutters for under $90 apiece. These are fine lenses for a 5x7 with a good amount of wiggle room for swings, tilts, rise etc.... (however the shutters did need cla--for the price I got them for I'm not complaining) I'd suggest at least considering these lenses if you're on a tight budget.

DBP

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ole View Post
    They do. Breed in dark corners, that is.
    Have you considered renting out breeding pairs?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by DBP View Post
    Have you considered renting out breeding pairs?
    Their progeny are usually coat hangers.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin