Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,963   Posts: 1,523,184   Online: 852

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Um, Karl, a naked Graflok back for y'r camera may well cost more than the camera. Those of us who've fallen into the "oh, I can get a Graflok later" hole now know that it pays to buy a camera with a Graflok in the first place. Your best hope of getting one at a low price is to buy a 4x5 Graphic with a Graflok, put the Graflok on the better body, and sell the other one. If, that is, you really need a Graflok.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Fromm View Post
    Dave, I must have misunderstood what you wrote. My little 2x3 Pacemaker Speed, made in 1947, has what I suspect is the original focusing panel. No fresnel and high bosses for the GG to rest on. My little Century, made in 1951, has what I think is its original focusing panel. Fresnel, low bosses for the fresnel + GG to rest on. Graflex made 'em both ways, what's right for one is wrong for the other.

Cheers,

Dan
    Dan,

I was not complaining or making a statement other than I was curious as to the mounting situation on this particular camera, I am well aware they were made both ways, I just bought 4 crowns 1 wass made for the fresnel and three were not made for the fresnel, it was nothing more than a query that is all, don't make more of it, than the intent of the question, which was plain curiosity..Currently I have about 20 different grapflex cameras in stock and have many variations on them.

Dave

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Fromm View Post
    Um, Karl, a naked Graflok back for y'r camera may well cost more than the camera. Those of us who've fallen into the "oh, I can get a Graflok later" hole now know that it pays to buy a camera with a Graflok in the first place. Your best hope of getting one at a low price is to buy a 4x5 Graphic with a Graflok, put the Graflok on the better body, and sell the other one. If, that is, you really need a Graflok.
    Um I got a really good deal on this graflex, so not like one with a graflok was avail to me to start with at the price I liked, also having a graflok isnt an extreme nessesity, would be nice, but not needed. When I got the crown graphic, I was intending to use it as it is, but was also thinking "would be kinda nice to be able to use a roll back once a while", since I would only use a roll back if I ran out of sheet film, why use something smaller than the camera supported, if I wanted to shoot roll film all the time, I'd stick with my Mamiya RB67.

Also I was already intending to just find a beat up graflex to get a graflok back, since I knew the bare back would fetch for more, but i'm not gona do it until I see a good price come by, even if that'll be a long time.
    Last edited by kb244; 10-03-2006 at 09:50 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    -Karl Blessing
    Karl Blessing.com
    The Bokeh
    Color Film always existed. It's just the world was always black and white till recently.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I went ahead and got approval from the wife, she'll figure out how to make up for the 15$ :P So got a 4x5 ordered, now just to sit back and hope it comes shortly after xmas lol.

I'll get used to the graflex the way it is now, and when I get the screen it'll likely be only better. :P.
    -Karl Blessing
    Karl Blessing.com
    The Bokeh
    Color Film always existed. It's just the world was always black and white till recently.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hi Karl,

It should be there before that, we are pushing real hard to get get caught up, this happens every year, the summer is crazy and we spend alot of the time in the fall getting as caught up as possible.

Thanks.

Dave

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi Karl,

Very good decision to get the Satin Snow Ground Glass. You will certainly find viewing brighter and easier to focus.

Rich
    Richard A. Nelridge
    http://www.nelridge.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Parker View Post
    Hi Karl,

It should be there before that, we are pushing real hard to get get caught up, this happens every year, the summer is crazy and we spend alot of the time in the fall getting as caught up as possible.

Thanks.

Dave
    Thanks for the encouragement, but even if it arrives as late as 8 weeks I'm not gona complain, it is custom made after all, and you can't rush good work.
    -Karl Blessing
    Karl Blessing.com
    The Bokeh

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin