Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,762   Posts: 1,516,163   Online: 974

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Removing Gorilla Glue from camera?

I contacted gorilla glue and was told that there aren't any solvents that will remove their glue, only sanding or scraping. I've got a 3inch patch of it on the aluminum bed of my Wehman where the previous owner had installed a large 2 way level. I've heard paint stripper will work but i don't want to remove any finish. Will it remove the finish? What should i do?

thanks

vinny
    www.vinnywalsh.com

I know what I want but I just don't know how to go about gettin' it.-Hendrix

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I would contact Wehman and ask them to let you know what would not harm the finish on their camera, but it sounds like your up a creek if the gorilla glue company said their is no solvents that will disolve the glue..

Dave

Shooter
    Large Format
    wildbill,

Gorilla glue is NOT waterproof, try some really hot water on a rag and let it soak. A lot safer than paint stripper.

Good luck with it

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by wildbill View Post
    I contacted gorilla glue and was told that there aren't any solvents that will remove their glue, only sanding or scraping. I've got a 3inch patch of it on the aluminum bed of my Wehman where the previous owner had installed a large 2 way level. I've heard paint stripper will work but i don't want to remove any finish. Will it remove the finish? What should i do?

thanks

vinny
    Hi,
    You could try the water treatment but I truly doubt it will work. We have an inexpensive kitchen knife made in Japan where the blade was becoming loose in the handle. I dribbled some Gorilla Glue down into the handle and come the next day it was good to go. This was a few months ago and with daily use and washing it in hot soapy water, the blade is still firmly in the handle. Howard Tanger

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Call the manufacturer back.

Tell them you're a doctor and a patient has just walked into your office with two fingers stuck together with their Gorilla Glue.

Ask them if the "patient" will require surgery and re-hab or if there's an "easier" way to dissolve the glue?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by copake_ham View Post
    Call the manufacturer back.

Tell them you're a doctor and a patient has just walked into your office with two fingers stuck together with their Gorilla Glue.

Ask them if the "patient" will require surgery and re-hab or if there's an "easier" way to dissolve the glue?
    George, I love ya man, you always think of the solution!

By the way, I am planning on a trip to the Big apple and would really like to taste the best slice in the town, could you recommend a place to go, please?

Dave

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    [QUOTE=Dave Parker;376365By the way, I am planning on a trip to the Big apple and would really like to taste the best slice in the town, could you recommend a place to go, please?

Dave

[/QUOTE]

Best slice of pizza or best slice of cheesecake? I understand that they make both in New York, although I'm reliably informed that God always gets his pizza in Chicago.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Chazzy View Post
    ...although I'm reliably informed that God always gets his pizza in Chicago.
    I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but God now prefers sauerbraten from a little place in St. Louis.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by wildbill View Post

thanks

vinny
    We don't have gorilla glue in the UK - not enough broken gorillas to make it worthwhile. Is it the same as superglue? If so, worth trying acetone (aka nail-polish remover).

Regards,

David

Shooter
    Large Format
    If the doctor story doesn't work, I'm pretty sure an end mill would get the job done.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin