Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,277   Posts: 1,534,844   Online: 762

Shooter
    Multi Format

Grafmatic mod; removing the "number" wheel?

I really like the grafmatics, but I'm annoyed at that "number" well that prints the frame number on the neg. I want to do contact prints and alternative printing and that number just ruins the "full frame" effect I'd like. It also "steals" neg real estate since I have to crop that side for normal prints/scans too.

So, does anyone has a reversible "fix" for that ? easy way to take it apart or something ?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I took mine out and saved them. It was just a screw, iirc. I'll go check...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by jstraw View Post
    I took mine out and saved them. It was just a screw, iirc. I'll go check...
    exactly. open the case up, watch where were the screws came from, and take it out. i've done it to the 3 that i have, and i have them stashed somewhere, just in case i might want them again, although i doubt it.

it is a pretty clever system, using a little magnet and all, but i also like to print the full sheet-- so they have to go.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by buze View Post
    I really like the grafmatics, but I'm annoyed at that "number" well that prints the frame number on the neg. I want to do contact prints and alternative printing and that number just ruins the "full frame" effect I'd like. It also "steals" neg real estate since I have to crop that side for normal prints/scans too.

So, does anyone has a reversible "fix" for that ? easy way to take it apart or something ?
    Don't worry abour reversibility. Rip it out. Sooner or later it packs up anyway.

Cheers,

R (owner of 12 Grafmatics -- wanna buy any?)

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Hicks View Post
    Don't worry abour reversibility. Rip it out. Sooner or later it packs up anyway.

Cheers,

R (owner of 12 Grafmatics -- wanna buy any?)
    Roger
    I may be interested, but I need the number wheel.
    Michael

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by buze View Post

i didn't know there was a screw ..
    i took a pair of scissors to mine
    those numbers were annoying!
    silver magnets, trickle tanks sold
    artwork often times sold for charity
    PM me for details

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin