Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,955   Posts: 1,586,027   Online: 708

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFlyingCamera View Post
    Rich- the big advantage of the bag bellows on the Shen is that you don't need recessed boards (which are a major PITA when trying to operate shutter controls on something in a Copal 1... incidentally, I have those two exact same lenses on flat boards to use on the Shen). If you have more than two wide-angles, the Shen's bag bellows pays for itself in recessed lensboard costs, and gives you more movements than you'd get with the recessed board. I suspect that the Shen's bellows are not as flexible as the Linhof's standard bellows, but that's to be expected when there's a $3000 difference in price.
    Hi Scott,

I am quite aware of the advantages of the bag bellows as I have one for my Technikardan 45S (and this camera does not require recessed boards for the 90mm or the 75mm lenses). Both of the lenses are actually in #0 shutters and they are certainly more difficult to operate in the recessed rather than the flat boards. I had these mounted that way initially because I had a modified Linhof Super Technika IV and there was no interchangeable bag bellows for the camera. When I got the Technikardan I just left the lenses mounted on the recessed shutters. I was just making an observation (and the used and new prices of the generic recessed boards is not that high on eBay) in an effort to make it possible for Alex to not change the bellows as often. By the way, my "new" Congo f6.3 90mm lens that I purchased from Jim Galli is mounted on a flat board.
    Last edited by naturephoto1; 10-19-2006 at 06:08 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    Richard A. Nelridge
    http://www.nelridge.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thank you guys.
    Right now I cannot see myself purchasing resessed board while owing already bag bellows. I perfer to get acquinted with bag bellows to the confident level, I hope I'll work out a proper habit of mixed bag and normal bellows usage.
    So far I decided to store the camera with regular bellows and once out for shooting, as long as my 150mm is first used - bag bellows will wait for their moment in my camera bag. (I used to start always with normal lens which is 150mm in my case, and switch to 90mm if necessary). Once switching to 90mm I'll install bag bellows and will leave it there to the end of the entire session. Then they will get replaced by regular for storage.
    This is the approach I'm going to work out...I did it first time two days ago on my first outing with bag bellows and seemed to work acceptably.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin