Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,929   Posts: 1,585,294   Online: 1047

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images

Suggestions for Gaoersi 4x5 Wide Lens

If you were to put one wide angle lens on a Gaoersi 4x5 camera - which one would you suggest?

I am thinking about a wide angle between 75mm to 105mm - light weight and small filter size, but also enough coverage to take advantage of the lens shift built into the camera. Lens speed would not be too important as I will be using a tripod most of the time.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by rmann View Post
    If you were to put one wide angle lens on a Gaoersi 4x5 camera - which one would you suggest?

I am thinking about a wide angle between 75mm to 105mm
    I would get a nice wide angle that would allow for zone focussing (i.e 75mm). I would get as fast as you can readily obtain so you can hand shoot it if you wanted to - you never know how you would do it.

Also, if you plan on using a tripod most of the time, why not get a standard LF camera? Seems to me these are a new class of "Point and Shoot" LF camera?

Also, from the review in that free mag - it seemed to me to have some serious build quality issues? Are you considering others as well that may be easier to get fixed? just curious.

If you get one - let us know how it works!!
    B & D
    Rochester, NY
    ========================
    Quiquid Latine dictum sit altum viditur

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin