Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,956   Posts: 1,586,030   Online: 794

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by kb244 View Post
    Also judging on feedback, does not handle criticism well, usually if someone complains bout an item not as described, the most common retort is "high maintanance buyer"

I have to say, I have ran into some "High Maintenance Sellers" over the years as well!

LOL

Dave

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by roteague View Post
    Hmmm.... Postal Money Order. That makes it a postal offense - big problem for him. Time to get the Postmaster involved.
    Actually not, a postal money order is like most other money orders, its money tied into an order to the addressee. As such the money was still intended to get to the seller, and for the seller to even cash the money order would not be a federal offense.

However if he does cash the money order, it allows for the buyer a record that the seller did indeed take money for the said item, which can be used in a civil claim that the item paid for needs to get to the buyer.
    -Karl Blessing
    Karl Blessing.com
    The Bokeh
    Color Film always existed. It's just the world was always black and white till recently.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by kb244 View Post
    Actually not, a postal money order is like most other money orders, its money tied into an order to the addressee. As such the money was still intended to get to the seller, and for the seller to even cash the money order would not be a federal offense.

However if he does cash the money order, it allows for the buyer a record that the seller did indeed take money for the said item, which can be used in a civil claim that the item paid for needs to get to the buyer.
    Yes, however since he paid by money order that means he probably sent it via US mail as well - that is more than enough to get the postal inspector involved. I've followed this route myself, and I know it works.
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Actually Karl,

The postal inspector will investigate a non-delivery on a purchase paid for with a USPS money order as a case of mail fraud, I have had to start a couple of these investigations in the past year and they are very quick in getting things solved, just the threat of USPS fraud often times will get the seller to clean his/her act up...

Dave

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Parker View Post
    Actually Karl,

The postal inspector will investigate a non-delivery on a purchase paid for with a USPS money order as a case of mail fraud, I have had to start a couple of these investigations in the past year and they are very quick in getting things solved, just the threat of USPS fraud often times will get the seller to clean his/her act up...

Dave
    Yes, I've had a seller purchase an item at retail for me after I made a complaint to the Post Office - even after he had applied for personal bankruptcy.
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well we learn something new every day don't we
    -Karl Blessing
    Karl Blessing.com
    The Bokeh
    Color Film always existed. It's just the world was always black and white till recently.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Donald Miller View Post
    Oaklanlenscom.

The sellers name is XXXXXXXX located in XXXXXXXXX.

Deal with this person only at your own peril.
    From eBay's web site:

Publishing contact information of another eBay member in any online public area is not permitted.

It wasn't necessary to give out personal info; the user name would have been sufficient. BTW, I think you mis-spelled it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by moose10101 View Post
    From eBay's web site:

Publishing contact information of another eBay member in any online public area is not permitted.

It wasn't necessary to give out personal info; the user name would have been sufficient. BTW, I think you mis-spelled it.
    And ebay is going to do what....because there was an alert published about him? Ebay can't dictate what is done on another website.....that is funny..

LOL

Dave
    Last edited by Dave Parker; 11-15-2006 at 01:47 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Parker View Post
    And ebay is going to do what....because there was an alert published about him? Ebay can't dictate what is done on another website.....that is funny..
    They can revoke/suspend your eBay account if reported. After all it is their website with their TOS...

It is also a violation of privacy which is uncool, even if you think the guy might be trying to rip you off.
    B & D
    Rochester, NY
    ========================
    Quiquid Latine dictum sit altum viditur

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Bromo33333 View Post
    They can revoke/suspend your eBay account if reported. After all it is their website with their TOS...

It is also a violation of privacy which is uncool, even if you think the guy might be trying to rip you off.
    As pretty much all information now a days is in databases attached to the internet, there is no violation of privacy, if you think there is, then you are mistaken, yes they can suspend a member, but your name and most of the time you address, your history and such are now considered public record, so other than suspension on the ebay website, there is not much that can be done....because publishing someones name is not a violation of privacy. In fact ebay in their own sense is publishing the same information with their feedback forum, because if you are a seller or a buyer, you can request the information attached to a username, so they are in a sense violating their own policies by makeing so called "Private" information available in a public nature..

Dave

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin