Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,556   Posts: 1,545,056   Online: 957

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Shooter
    Digital Negs
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by kb244 View Post
    Color Film always existed. It's just the world was always black and white till recently.
    Karl,

This is from one of my favorite Calvin and Hobbes strips. Great tagline!

Stew

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Only in America would you find people getting all bent out of shape over a considerate gesture. Don's a big boy I'm sure he doesn't need the legal wannabes to look over his shoulder.

How ridiculous. Thanks Don for the warning.
    www.ericrose.com
    yourbaddog.com

"civility is not a sign of weakness" JFK

"The Dude abides" - the Dude

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Bromo33333 View Post
    The main issue is by revealing someone' 'private information' this would include name, address and so on, in a unflattering light can get you in legal trouble. You didn't pay attention to my link before, so here it is again:

I am putting it below:
    LINK1
    Your name is not private information, any other information the argument could be made for private information, but again, your name is not private, you, and anyone else in the course of everyday life offer your name freely..as long as I am willing to pay the price, I can go to any state in the US and pay the fee and get your birth cert ....Names and sir names are not private...As far as TOS, it may be ebays TOS, but it sure is not the laws TOS, anybody has the right to ask my name and of course I have the right to refuse to give it, unless it is a government agent, and even then I can refuse, but would not want to suffer the ramifications...Donald did not disclose anything that was considered private, he disclosed a first and last name as well as a user name..

And yes, I have read the links, I have been in the courts...but again, your name is not private, I don't care what ebay says..

Dave

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by kb244 View Post
    Well like with many things , theres hersey. Most of these bickering have to be taken with a grain of salt as theres always two sides to a story, or two faults to a problem.

You opened the can of worms by bickering bout the seller, its not exactly unfair of someone to ask how yourself may have conducted business with the guy.
    Karl,

I am willing to grant you the latitude that you probably don't know all of the history behind the comment that I addressed...and, then you went on to pick up the lance. For the reason that you probably don't know the history, I will not tell you what first comes to mind.

For your information the four letter F words and the seven letter A words were all forthcoming from the seller when I asked him to send me the merchandise that I had bought and paid for several weeks ago. When I offered to trace the payment that he lied and said had not arrived, he went ballistic. His use of these derogatory terms were numerous, prolific, and redundantly indicative of his lack of knowledge of his native language.. I did not respond in kind, even though I was tempted when I received all six emails of like kind from the seller.

So I hope that answers your questions about how I conducted myself.

Were my experience isolated and solitary, I would have dealt with this matter via the resources available to me. I imagine there would be those who would have found fault with me had I not said anything and then when the next person experienced this in dealing with this seller and I would have then stated..."oh that happened to me too".

Some people are not satisfied no matter what one does...there are those who are excellent albeit uniformed "Monday Morning Quarterbacks"
    Last edited by Donald Miller; 11-15-2006 at 07:48 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    Art is a step from what is obvious and well-known toward what is arcane and concealed.

Visit my website at http://www.donaldmillerphotography.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Donald Miller View Post
    Karl,

I am willing to grant you the latitude that you probably don't know all of the history behind the comment that I addressed...and, then you went on to pick up the lance. For the reason that you probably don't know the history, I will not tell you what first comes to mind.

For your information the four letter F words and the seven letter A words were all forthcoming from the seller when I asked him to send me the merchandise that I had bought and paid for several weeks ago. When I offered to trace the payment that he lied and said had not arrived, he went ballistic. His use of these derogatory terms were numerous, prolific, and redundantly indicative of his lack of knowledge of his native language.. I did not respond in kind, even though I was tempted when I received all six emails of like kind from the seller.

So I hope that answers your questions about how I conducted myself.

Were my experience isolated and solitary, I would have dealt with this matter via the resources available to me. I imagine there would be those who would have found fault with me had I not said anything and then when the next person experienced this in dealing with this seller and I would have then stated..."oh that happened to me too".

Some people are not satisfied no matter what one does...there are those who are excellent albeit uniformed "Monday Morning Quarterbacks"
    I said what I did in response to you seemingly getting on someone case about inquiring. No offense or attack intended, but its still true that like anything theres always two sides. The seller to my knowledge has admitted he flew off the handle (probally the most stupid thing a 'seller' or anyone conducting business can do).
    -Karl Blessing
    Karl Blessing.com
    The Bokeh
    Color Film always existed. It's just the world was always black and white till recently.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin