Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,489   Posts: 1,542,931   Online: 861

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Shooter
    Large Format

An Ebayer to watch

The following Ebay seller is someone to watch. I bought five lens boards for my camera and sent payment via Postal Money Order. The lens boards were not shipped and when I questioned him he responded with the vilest most vulgar email that I have ever received.

Oaklanlenscom.

The sellers
    <name removed by jd callow> located in Auburn Hills Mi. 48336.

Deal with this person only at your own peril.
    Last edited by jd callow; 11-15-2006 at 01:12 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: The ebay ID should be enough for D. M.'s purposes
    Art is a step from what is obvious and well-known toward what is arcane and concealed.

Visit my website at http://www.donaldmillerphotography.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I just received a 77mm filter from him, after a bit of emailing and a month of waiting.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Hmmm.... Postal Money Order. That makes it a postal offense - big problem for him. Time to get the Postmaster involved.
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

JLP
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks for posting this Donald..

jan

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    That's a worry, I'm waiting for a yellow Aero-Ektar filter from him. It was only $15, but I want the filter! As it is coming via regular mail I've got no real recourse if it doesn't show.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Paul,

If you paid by credit card then try contacting your provider. I'm doing this with Mastercard over a "goods not turning up" situation with another vendor; early days, but they're assuring me I'll get my money back.

(Hope your filter turns up, though!)

Best regards,

Frank
    The destination is important, but so is the journey

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    hey, we have quite a few members in the Detroit area, maybe they can form a posse and go give that guy an attitude adjustment for Donald!

web site: Dan Henderson, Photographer.com

blog: https://danhendersonphotographer.wordpress.com/

I am not anti-digital. I am pro-film.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Donald, Robert is correct. Since you used a postal money order, it has become a federal issue. Contact your local postal inspector and start the ball rolling. It might take a while, but the feds are always slow and thorough. If it is a simple case of fraud, you can have a large piece of his a$$ for fun and he will wish he had never been rude or greedy. Sorry to hear about the problem. Chin up buddy. tim

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    There are some creeps selling on ebay who try to get away with not sending stuff in the hope that the buyer will do nothing. However there are some things you can do to make life difficult for him.
    I had a situation once where a guy in America wouldn't send something to me in Australia. I found that ebay isn't really set up to protect the buyer & they don't make it easy, I had to search around a lot, but finally I discovered some form they have where you can report someone as a "non conforming seller". After I did this a few days later he suddenly decided to send me the 45 after all.
    So I suggest you do this as well as the postal thing.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by FirePhoto View Post
    hey, we have quite a few members in the Detroit area...
    Want me to pay him a "visit"?

B.

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin