Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,929   Posts: 1,585,220   Online: 787

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

What to keep and what to get rid of.

Hi All,

Over the last several months, I have found myself with having a few to many lenses and a few of them have to go. Mainly because I just bought a Cooke XVa, and need to finance the monster. And the wife will kill me if I dont.

I already sold my Nikon 450mm, and now I have three 300mm lenses, at least one of which has to go. I have a Fuji 300C, a Fuji 300mm CMW and a Dr. Optics 300 Germinar. At least one has to go, but not sure which. Right now I am leaning toward the 300C.

Also, I have a 240mm Nikon, a 250mm Fuji F/6.3 CMW and now thanks to Jim Moore a 240mm G-Claron. The G-Claron is a keeper, so either the Nikon or the Fuji has got to go.

Just looking for any opinions to help me decide.

Thanks!

Gary

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    My budget is tight, but what are you looking to get for the 300 C?

Best regards,

-SPD

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Keep the 240 Nikkor, as it has a huge image circle. Ditch the 250 cmw and both the fuji 300s. the 300 Germinar will be the hardest of the three to replace, and is a fantastic piece of optics to begin with.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Hi All,

Thanks for the help. At this point, I am going to get rid of the 300C and the 250mm Fuji. I will hold onto the 300CMW since it has been a favorite of mine.

Regards & Thanx.

Gary

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by coriana6jp View Post
    Hi All,

And the wife will kill me if I dont.

Gary
    Might be cheaper to get rid of the wife. Mine is kinda expensive too. All I can say is, that everything I've gotten rid of that was of any quality related to photography and other hobbies, I've regretted it later.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Actually, it might be MORE expensive to get rid of the wife these days...... So, keep all the lenses.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I know I will regret getting rid of anything. But considering I like my head on my shoulders and not on a pike in the garden. I need to do something. Unless somebody wants to trade me some lenses for my wife, its the best I can do at the moment!

Thanx Again.

Gary

Shooter
    35mm
    When in doubt, sell everything.
    Claire (Ms Anne Thrope is in the darkroom)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    If you can not choose yourself sell the ones that will sell for the highest price.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin