Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,943   Posts: 1,557,635   Online: 1172
      
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 29
  1. #11

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Wet West Coast - Canada
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Posts
    15

    Here's the photo I took.

    Here is the photo that I took - loaded it into flkr.

    http://farm1.static.flickr.com/128/3...87d612d7_o.jpg

    This was scanned from the proof rather than from the negative so the quality is much less than it actually is.

    I have found a couple of interesting places that have film that would work - and I am thinking about using some cirkut film - 8 inch cut down to 7 inch.

    Unfortunately I am going to be away for the rest of the month - I am a maintenance trainer for an airline on the west coast and will be instructing for the next 3 or so weeks.

    Jack - if you get a chance to post some shots of your camera and the bag-mag I would appreciate it - I looked at mine and I don't see an easy way to remove the glass - is it possible that we have different models of the same camera - or that yours has been modified?? - I will try to get a couple of shots of my camera and post them this weekend.

    Thanks for all the input everyone!!!

    Chuck

  2. #12

    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    25
    Quote Originally Posted by photochucker View Post
    Here is the photo that I took - loaded it into flkr.

    http://farm1.static.flickr.com/128/3...87d612d7_o.jpg

    This was scanned from the proof rather than from the negative so the quality is much less than it actually is.

    I have found a couple of interesting places that have film that would work - and I am thinking about using some cirkut film - 8 inch cut down to 7 inch.

    Unfortunately I am going to be away for the rest of the month - I am a maintenance trainer for an airline on the west coast and will be instructing for the next 3 or so weeks.

    Jack - if you get a chance to post some shots of your camera and the bag-mag I would appreciate it - I looked at mine and I don't see an easy way to remove the glass - is it possible that we have different models of the same camera - or that yours has been modified?? - I will try to get a couple of shots of my camera and post them this weekend.

    Thanks for all the input everyone!!!

    Chuck
    Hi Chuck,

    I'm posting some rather poor shots or the back of the camera with the bag mag in place after removal of the ground glass. There is an aluminum bar that holds the glass along one long edge and I had to resort to using a a large screw driver against the short edge. I tapped the screwdriver with a light hammer to get the bar to move out of the way. Not a precision solution I admit. The bar seems to be held in place by some sort of half moon fasteners that may reguire a special tool to loosen.
    Hope you can follow this.

    Jack

  3. #13

    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    25
    Quote Originally Posted by JackGreen View Post
    Hi Chuck,

    I'm posting some rather poor shots or the back of the camera with the bag mag in place after removal of the ground glass. There is an aluminum bar that holds the glass along one long edge and I had to resort to using a a large screw driver against the short edge. I tapped the screwdriver with a light hammer to get the bar to move out of the way. Not a precision solution I admit. The bar seems to be held in place by some sort of half moon fasteners that may reguire a special tool to loosen.
    Hope you can follow this.

    Jack
    Hi Chuck,
    Somehow I managed not to attach the photos it appears.. I'll have to look into what I'm doing wrong..Apologies
    Jack

  4. #14
    Worker 11811's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Pennsylvania, USA
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    1,620
    >>* BUMP! *<<

    I just got hold of one of these babies:



    It's been a while since anybody here has posted on the subject. What ideas, if any, have people been able to come up with since then?

    So... I gather I won't be able to get the standard film for it, anymore.

    Does this mean I'll have to build a film slitter and cut down some 9-1/2 inch film if I want to use it the way it was originally made?
    This is a project I MIGHT be tempted to take on, some day.

    What about processing? The thing takes film with specialized emulsion. That means I'm going to have to send it out for processing... assuming I can get film by one means or another. Right?

    I'm supposing that the best non-aircraft use for something like this, *IF* it can be used at all, would be to take it up to the top of a tall building or an observation tower and shoot landscapes and vistas with it. Don't you think?

    I know this is a pretty specialized camera with a narrowly defined purpose so I don't expect miracles. I just inherited this camera from a relative. It is probably going to be just a part of my collection but it would be nice if I could take it out and use it just once for old time's sake.
    Randy S.

    In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni.

    -----

    http://www.flickr.com/photos/randystankey/

  5. #15

    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    1,030
    I've got one. Cutting down roll film and respooling is a hassle (if you can find 7" spools, get 'em!) You can make film cans out of black plastic sewer pipe(but they'll look like pipe bombs so better watch your step!) MR.FOTO sells (or used to sell, I haven't talked to him in awhile) 9-1/2" dated frozen aero film at good prices---just figure out a way to slit it. The address I have is Box 6157 Harrisburg, PA 17106 He had Panatomic X and Plus X films inventoried. Good luck! The F8 is a sweet camera!

  6. #16

    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    1,030
    Oh, if you want a Houston Fearless roll fim processor (handles 70mm to 9-1/2" widths) PM me if you have a truck and can pick up in California!

  7. #17
    mhcfires's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    El Cajon, CA
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    556
    Quote Originally Posted by John Kasaian View Post
    Oh, if you want a Houston Fearless roll fim processor (handles 70mm to 9-1/2" widths) PM me if you have a truck and can pick up in California!
    If you have to truck it, it sounds like it might be fearful, not fearless.
    Michael Cienfuegos


    If you don't want to stand behind our troops, please feel free to stand in front of them.

  8. #18

    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    1,030
    Quote Originally Posted by John Kasaian View Post
    Oh, if you want a Houston Fearless roll fim processor (handles 70mm to 9-1/2" widths) PM me if you have a truck and can pick up in California!
    Its on a pallet. A pick up truck will do nicely(if I could figure a way to lift it up to the bed!)

  9. #19
    mhcfires's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    El Cajon, CA
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    556
    Quote Originally Posted by John Kasaian View Post
    Its on a pallet. A pick up truck will do nicely(if I could figure a way to lift it up to the bed!)
    My GF would kill me.
    Michael Cienfuegos


    If you don't want to stand behind our troops, please feel free to stand in front of them.

  10. #20
    Worker 11811's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Pennsylvania, USA
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    1,620
    Here's an idea I have to build a film slitter.
    Check out this animatic at YouTube:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQAvTeW3UFs
    (The original file looks better b/c YouTube recompresses the data. It's hard to see the blade in the middle of the device.)

    This is strictly a mockup for a design. Haven't begun building it yet.
    Basically it would be two cranks for the film rolls, some lateral guides and some guide rollers with a razor blade in the middle. You would put the full roll on one side, thread the film between the guides, go under the rollers then over the razor blade before fixing to the takeup roll. From there, simply crank the handles until the film is slit.

    I suppose I could build this device into a dark box or use a changing tent.
    Randy S.

    In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni.

    -----

    http://www.flickr.com/photos/randystankey/

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast


 

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:



Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin