Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,660   Posts: 1,481,540   Online: 1052

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    So I've been playing with my 545 back lately and have been seriously considering using it in the field to proof my shots. The only thing is, as I have been devising different methods of transport for my new 4x5 gear, I can't really figure out a good way to carry 4x5 polaroid film.

My sheet film is easy. I have 7 holders. Just load them up in a side pocket and go. The holders protect the film. But polaroid film has that nice, delicate little capsule of developer gel which I can easily feel on the end of each envelope. In fact it TELLS me to be very careful with that envelope so I don't pop the capsule.

Which tends to send my mildly paranoid mind into a tailspin with visions of me setting my pack down wrong and ruining $30.00 worth of film in a go (Yes, I am cheap....). The box the stuff comes in is very flimsy and pretty useless at protecting the film. I just can't seem to figure out a simple and safe way to carry multiple sheets of this stuff around.

So the question is, what do you do? Any cheap, easy to impliment ideas out there?
    Official Photo.net Villain
    ----------------------
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS]DaVinci never wrote an artist's statement...[/FONT]

Grocery store rubermaid containers. It is a little wider than necessary but just the right length and holds Polaroids and Quickloads safely and dust and water free. I was thumbing through Dykingas new book and noticed that he uses the same container so it's definitely not my idea.

Shooter
    Large Format
    I simply made space and put them in the box they came in. BTW a medium plastic bag would be good to carry to put all the waste from the film.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Hi Robert,

I transport them in two tupperware/rubbermade plastic containers in my car. One is loaded with the virgin films, and one loaded with sodium sulfite water. Once exposed I put the films in the wet container, and can stock them for a whole day without any problem. The waste goes into a plastic bag.

Gilbert
    http://www.photocrack.com
    Wilbert
    http://www.photovergne.com
    Cours photo en Auvergne

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin