Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,550   Posts: 1,544,882   Online: 931

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    lee
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    I want a 7x17 camera. I think that format makes the coolest looking contact prints. I am gonna donate my Kodak 2d 5x7 to the project of making one. All I really need to do is make a new back standard and a focus back. Then, of course, I would need a new bellows and some holders and a lens. ugh???....Maybe I won't, 'cause that is a lot of money. Maybe I will just make some images with the 4x5 and make contacts from enlarged negs.

lee\c

Shooter
    Large Format
    I shoot 4X5 80% of the time with 8X10 the balance. I want to build a 10X16 format camera. I think that it would make a wonderful format since it has the same aspect ratio as a 12X20. This is very near the aspect ratio of the "Golden Mean". Film can be had from Bergger as well as others. 20X24 Azo could be cut down to two sheets and a couple of 8X10 pieces left over. Film holders have been arranged, so it is just deciding if I want to commit the time and energy to this.
    Art is a step from what is obvious and well-known toward what is arcane and concealed.

Visit my website at http://www.donaldmillerphotography.com

I'm with DN...

It's 4x5 about 75% of the time, and 8x10 almost the rest. I do some 6x7 when I travel for work to places where I really can't be lugging a bigger bag and a tripod.

I used to have a 5x7 and I miss it. Now that I am contact printing and using Azo I realize how much I love that format. It's big enough for serious contacting, but no heavier than a 4x5 kit, and I actually like the longer rectangle because it feels like the 35mm I "grew up" on.

dgh

David G Hall

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin