Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,933   Posts: 1,585,502   Online: 844

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

The Zone VI 8x10 Woodfield

Hi all,

I am looking for some information on the Zone VI 8x10 Woodfield camera - specifications (min/max bellows, movements, etc.) and reviews/opinions from users. I did try a Google search as well as a search on this site, but without much success. So, I would appreciate if anybody could direct me to a site with the relevant info, or post them on this thread.

Any help is much appreciated.

Best wishes,

Shooter
    Large Format
    There were two versions, the original and the Ultralight, with the latter discontinued only recently.

From a 1993 Zone VI catalog in my file, I find the following specifications for the original version:

Bellows draw: 34"
    Folded dimensions: 12.5"x14.75"x4.75"
    Weight: 13.7lb
    Front swing: 15 degrees
    Front base tilt: 45 degrees
    Axis tilt: unlimited
    Front rise and fall: 6" travel
    Front lateral shift: 3" travel
    Rear swing: 12 degrees
    Rear tilt: 45 degrees
    Made of Honduran mahogany and brass

At the moment I can't lay my hands on a Calumet catalog for data on the Ultralight. If I find it I'll check back here and post the info if nobody else has done so.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Thanks for posting Oren.... where there some later models of the original 8x10 that had the up-dated gold platted knobs. Maybe not that useful but they might help date a camera.
    -Rob
    Rob Skeoch
    This is my blog http://thepicturedesk.blogspot.com/
    This my website for photo supplies...
    www.bigcameraworkshops.com
    This is my website for Rangfinder gear
    www.rangefinderstore.com

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I currently have a Zone VI Ultralight 8x10, and if I'm not mistaken, the biggest changes between the standard Woodfield and the Ultralight was A: black anodized aluminum alloy hardware, B: Made from Walnut not Mahogany, and C: weight without lens at 9.8 lbs.

Shooter
    Large Format
    There were also a number of interim changes ... chek with Richard Ritter for the details .... www.lg4mat.net

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks, Oren, for the specs. Those are what I was after. Thanks also to all who responded so quickly!

BTW, does anybody have feedback on this Zone VI 8x10 model? I would be interested in hearing from you....

Best wishes,

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by sensanjay View Post

BTW, does anybody have feedback on this Zone VI 8x10 model? I would be interested in hearing from you....
    I've had my Zone VI 8x10 for almost 2 years now. I especially like the long bellows extension, sturdiness and bail back. I also own a Wisner 8x10 with 24" of bellows extension. Both are very solid cameras. The Wisner now serves as a back-up camera. With the Wisner, I would occasionally move the camera ever so slightly while loading a film holder (just enough to drive you nuts!). I've never experienced that problem with my Zone VI. My Zone VI has gold plated hardware, I believe the serial number is 238.

Hope this helps,

John

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    That helps a lot John. Thank you!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Check out this recently completed auction on eBay: item # 150093620586. Look in advanced search. If I knew how to make a link, I would. Dean
    dphphoto

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I own a Zone VI (I don't know what a Woodfield is) 8x10. It sure is heavy and big and it's got brass metal parts... It's not a bad design, once you get used to it... only a bit too heavy to carry around on your shoulders (I mean in a bag)...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin