Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,933   Posts: 1,585,559   Online: 769

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I wondered how many of the forum members here, using LF, are based in the UK? The reason I ask is that I have seen USA based members of the LF forum on photo.net ( Tuans LF Page) that have "formed" an impromptu group of LF users that meet for LF landscape workshops. There are no fees involved but an opportunity to meet like-minded photographers in a fiels situation and exchange experience/skills. It would be VERY easy to set up a similar "group" in the UK (shorter travelling distances involved - some of the US group are flying to these workshops!&#33. There are enough locations that would afford a great couple of days of field shooting, involving B&B, and travel sharing in (say) Scotland, The Lakes etc, etc. Anyone interested?

Paul,
    in principle I might be interested - though in practice I don't think it would really be easier or cheaper to do this in the UK as compared to the US. Our weather is so changeable that I seldom plan my photography very far in advance - usually the day before when I can get some sort of reliable forecast, and even then I frequently have to change plans when I actually see what the morning brings.

You mention the Lake District and Scotland (the highlands, I presume). I used to holiday quite often in the Lakes and if I got one day in a week with decent photographic weather I used to count myself lucky. The weather was better in the summer (I was usually there in spring) but then the place was choked with tourists. When I lived in Edinburgh I used to make day trips up into the highlands or sometimes down to Cumbria, but still it was a case of making decisions at the last minute - nine days out of ten all I could count on was a uniform grey cloud base at maybe 1200ft.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I appreciate what you mean about the weather - but it could still be useful to meet other LF users - even if the rain stops play! Here in Wales the weather forecast doesn't seem to apply half of the time!! Any other ideas / suggestions most welcome!!

Yes - I agree it could still be good to meet up. Perhaps if it turns out there are a few of us within reasonable driving distance we could plan a day's 'meet'. ISTR from the 'Introduce yourself...' thread that you're in South Wales - whereabouts? I'm in Dorset, so that's two of us that are not too far apart.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Huw, just outside Cardiff. If there were a few "west country" LF users it would be a good idea to meet up - we'll see what the response is like!!

Shooter
    Large Format
    I would try to come to an informal meeting in somewhere like the Lakes. I live in Cheshire and I graduated to LF from 6x6 earlier this year!

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras
    Images
    Hi,

Not from the UK, but thanks to the 'chunnel' not too far away from the south/east part of England. If such informal meeting would be held there I would/could consider to come over from the Netherlands.

Huib

Shooter
    Multi Format

LF Virgin

As a long standing 35mm user of Contax kit I moved into Hasselblad (203FE) and Contax 645 during the past 3 years.
    I am now looking to move up to LF (for landscape and architectural) for the movements and bigger negs. I think a portable field system would suit best as I tend to trek for hours to find the right spot.
    I would like to join a UK-based LF group to initially fast track my LF knowledge and subsequently exchange experiences / advice with others.
    I am currently based in London but UK-wide weekends would be great.

Any advice re an appropriate very portable easy-to-use Field system with all movements and top quality range of lenses would be appreciated!!!!

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Myself and my Chamonix are in, I'm based in Worcester so pretty central. New locations are always welcome

Tony

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Been using a 5x4 in the wastelands of Norfolk for about a year now. Have shot the obligatory mountains that we have in this area along with the usual tourist stuff. The Lake District has been kind to me on both occasions I've been up there with MF gear (November), and I'd like to explore the area further.

Maybe we could have a day shooting in London too.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin