Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,879   Posts: 1,520,369   Online: 1142

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Amund, that's exactly what I found out myself. I took a quick look at the price of a new camera, divided by 3, and found out it was worth bidding. But I didn't expect to get it!

Seems like the other potential bidders thought the start price was too high. Besides it wasn't lisited in "LF cameras", but in "vintage -> folding"!
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ole View Post
    But there might well be a nice 18x24cm plate camera for sale soon - with five double plate holders, iris lens mount, and a lens or two.
    Oh - and I might throw in an elderly Gandolfi Minor tripod, too (I have one already).
    Norway

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    It's arrived!!!

And what a lovely camera it is... Now to get hold of some lens boards, so I can start putting scratches on it.
    Norway

Shooter
    35mm RF
    It's arrived!!!

And what a lovely camera it is... Now to get hold of some lens boards, so I can start putting scratches on it.
    Remember that Eddie at Gandolfi can supply these, together with all parts. He even offered to repair my Universal 12x15 inch under guarantee (if I paid shipping). Louis mis-cut the shoe at the bottom of one of the locking rods, about 100 years ago...

Cheers,

R.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Hicks View Post
    Remember that Eddie at Gandolfi can supply these, together with all parts. He even offered to repair my Universal 12x15 inch under guarantee (if I paid shipping). Louis mis-cut the shoe at the bottom of one of the locking rods, about 100 years ago...

Cheers,

R.
    Woa, that`s what you call lifetime warranty!
    Amund

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    What - Eddie supplies scratches? :o

I believe that the front end on this one is made for Sinar lens boards, about 14x14cm. But I just happen to have a spare front end, for "standard" 14x16.5cm Gandolfi panels - I just need three little metal pieces.
    Norway

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by Amund View Post
    Woa, that`s what you call lifetime warranty!
    Yeah, the catch was shipping. Camera + holders + box = 65 lb, near enough 30 kg...

If I still lived in the UK I'd have taken him up on it. As it was I made up a replacement for the defective part on the basis of his helpful advice (3 BA threads, anyone?)

Cheers,

R.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    What - Eddie supplies scratches? :o

I believe that the front end on this one is made for Sinar lens boards, about 14x14cm. But I just happen to have a spare front end, for "standard" 14x16.5cm Gandolfi panels - I just need three little metal pieces.
    No extra charge for scratches. He can supply the three little metal pieces...

Cheers,

R.

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Something strange happened in customs too - the value was clearly stated at £1350, yet I was only taxed 23% of £210. I have no idea where they got that figure from, but I'm not complaining.

The tripod is still on the way in a separate package. He offered me to take off £50 if I didn't want the tripod, which is a very cheap Gandolfi Minor tripod. So in a week or so I'll have two...
    Norway

Shooter
    35mm
    I watched "Raging Bull" last night on TV. The early fights against Sugar Ray had the new fangled Speed Graphics popping their bulbs.

With your camera it sounds as if it may have been used at John L Sullivan v Gentleman Jim Corbett!

That's when cameras were cameras of course.

pentaxuser

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin