Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,904   Posts: 1,555,831   Online: 766

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quote Originally Posted by anglomaniac View Post
    Dear Ole,
    My boyfriend owns an 8x10 Gandolfi. He went from Austria to England to fetch it (in the 1970s) and it was handed over personally by Fred Gandolfi. Unfortunately he did not understand a lot of Fred's English accent - He did not know me back then; I think I could have translated ;-)
    Anyway, I am now looking for a history of the Gandolfi cameras and what i have found is rather scarce. Do you think you could scan the obituary and mail it to me?
    Eva Maria from Austria
    I seem to remember, many years back, a paragraph in the RPS Journal by someone requesting donations to assist the Gandolfi brothers whom it said were in straightened circumstances.
    Mark
    owner of a 5x7 traditional with extra 4x5 back
    Mark Layne
    Nova Scotia
    and Barbados

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Hi Ole,
    I just read your post on the Gandolfi today(12/08) and the image has been removed by EBAY. I own an 8x10 Gandolfi I purchased from an English Auction House via Ebay. It was advertised as a "plate camera" but is,in fact, a film camera. I was a bit disapointed at first, but it is a realy nice camera.
    I have not been able to find one like it by searching the internet, but am realy curious as to when it was built.
    Bill

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Bill, I believe the only man who can find out the age of a Gandolfi camera is Eddy at http://www.gandolficameras.com/! There are pictures of some of the cameras there, too.

My first Gandolfi camera is this one - a 7x5" Traditional. It is good enough that I decided that if I were to move to 8x10", I would look for another Gandolfi. Which, as you see, I did. And found one.
    Last edited by Ole; 12-11-2007 at 08:15 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: Spellling
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin