Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,052   Posts: 1,561,190   Online: 934

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    </span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (George @ Nov 21 2002, 07:34 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>Beware, the panoramic RF backs are quite addictive though, you can easily end using them more than LF cameras with film holders...</td></tr></table><span id='postcolor'>
    George,

thank you for your comments. I do own a 6x12 Calumet Back for my 4x5 and I never took it into the field. Nevertheless, I never felt missing a panoramic shot. I do always carry a set of passepartouts (cut black/white mats 4x12cm, 6x12cm, 9x12cm, 4x5") with me. They fit onto the ground glass on demand, but are usually used as a framing aid before I even unpack the camera. For me, the 6x12 back simply does not add any functionality but weight. There is a world of panoramic frames that can be assumed on a 4x5 sheet. And you may even revise a framing decision in the darkroom afterwards. If I wouldn&#39;t use my 6x12 back occasionally for architecture (when I usually take the big box in the car), I would have sold it already.
    But it&#39;s just my personal point of view.

"For me, the 6x12 simply doesn&#39;t add any functionality but weigth" (Thilo).
    Sure, everyone is different in its approach, no problem with that. For me it was just the opposite - once tried, I quickly realised that I can take more pictures without the hassle of film holders and at a better price. Today I have 3 cameras made around the Calumet 6x12 RFH. Sincerely, I&#39;m affraid I will start making the 4th one too... ;-) (Were it only of a better quality, since it needed adjustments...)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin