Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,916   Posts: 1,521,867   Online: 1053

Shooter
    35mm

Aero Ektar on Super D

Does anyone know if the 7" Aero Ektar will infinity focus when mounted on a Graflex RB Super D? I understand that the 7" is a little shorter than what the Super D was designed for, not to mention the size of the optic and mirror clearance issues. Anyone know for sure by chance?

I'm really interested in a Super D that's available to me, and I like the idea of mounting either an 8" Pentac or a 7" Aero Ektar for portrait work.

Suggestions?

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    No, it won't fit. The back of the lens protrudes quite a bit. You would be lucky to get a really head/shoulders shot.

William
    "Since the fact that we exist at all is nothing more than banal, we might just as well make something grand out of it …"

Francis Bacon

http://www.williamlinne.com

JLP
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    MM, I have an 8" Pentac clone in barrel if interested PM me.
    Glass is very clean.

jan

Shooter
    4x5 Format

aeo-ektar graflex d 4x5.....

I buils custon / converted graflex 3x4 D cameras... 4x4.5'' image focus = 3'- infinity !!!! check out john minnicks face book aero-liberator.... the king of the hand held SLR!!

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    check out- aero-liberator 3x4 graflex conversion... 3'-infinity yes! or johnminnicks@facebook

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I met John on Saturday, he is a great guy and does AMAZING WORK. Seriously. If you need to see some of his work just check out
    Mark Tucker
    http://MyDayWith.com/
    I know he took a lot of those photos with an Aero-Ektor monster that John rebuilt

I have a photo of one that he did on my phone... I will see about uploading it.

~M
    "Your first 10,000 photographs are your worst." Henri Cartier-Bresson

Guess I have a long ways to go :-)

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin